Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Major League Baseball's All-Time Best Hitters

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All lists must include Rose and Gwynn!

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the great Philly Mike Schmidt? My list would have to include Rose, Gwynn, Ted Williams, Dimagio, and Willie Mays.

All lists must include Rose and Gwynn!

 

:thumb:

What about the great Philly Mike Schmidt?

 

Career .267 hitters need not apply.

I'm a big Pete Rose fan. Tony Gwynn is a legend, but the only man on my list is the last .400 hitter, Ted Williams. During his prime he served as a fighter pilot in WWII, which a lot of players did, but also the Korean War. Imagine what his numbers would have been. (See Stan Musial.)

Rose, Gwynn and Carew are who I would add.

You didn't see Hornsby?:D

I was waiting on you to say that!!! :clap::lol:

Bruce Hornsby, maybe.

:laugh::laugh::ylsuper:

I would probably add Wade Boggs to the list.

I would probably add Wade Boggs to the list.

 

I agree, for a period in the 80's, and early 90's Boggs and Mattingly were at the top of the game. If not for a shortened career, Mattingly would be on most lists.

I would also add Kirby Puckett, 12 seasons, 2308 hits, and a .318 lifetime avg. Imagine if he had played 18 years. He would have well over 3,000 hits.

  • Author

Anyone want to rank their top 5-10? I have tried but can't...

1. Ty Cobb

2. Ted Williams

3. Joe Jackson

4. Rogers Hornsby

5. Tris Speaker

6. Lou Gehrig

7. Tony Gwynn

8. Albert Pujols

9. Stan Musial

10. Babe Ruth

11. Pete Rose

12. Eddie Collins

13. Ichiro

How can Rose be on anyone's list? Prolific? Yes. .303 career? Shoot, take out the last several years of his Cobb pursuit and he's probably only .310. Last time I checked he was ranked about 140 in career average.

How can Rose be on anyone's list? Prolific? Yes. .303 career? Shoot, take out the last several years of his Cobb pursuit and he's probably only .310. Last time I checked he was ranked about 140 in career average.

 

Who has more hits than anybody?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.