May 14, 200917 yr Who has more hits than anybody? Who has more at bats than anybody? I said he was prolific, just not on my list of top hitters. .303 says it all for me anyway.
May 14, 200917 yr Author Who has more at bats than anybody? I said he was prolific, just not on my list of top hitters. .303 says it all for me anyway. How many hitters can stay healthy enough to play as many years as Rose? This is a silly argument really, but I would love for you to expound upon it.
May 14, 200917 yr Who has more at bats than anybody? I said he was prolific, just not on my list of top hitters. .303 says it all for me anyway. He played in an era where there was no juiced ball & no steroids. Rose was not a great athlete but he was a great baseball player. There is no one that ever played who did more with less. His lifetime average may have been .303 but he also finished out his career as mgr/player. Most that age would have just been a manager but he still could be clutch. One thing they can't put an average on is heart. That (heart) would have been another all-time MLB record.
May 14, 200917 yr 1. Ted Williams 2. Ty Cobb 3. Babe Ruth (surprised to see him so far on other lists) 4. Rogers Hornsby 5. Stan Musial 6. Tris Speaker 7. Willie Mays 8. Pete Rose 9. Lou Gehrig 10. Jimmie Foxx Players who may reach this list by career's end... Albert Pujols Ichiro Suzuki Alex Rodriguez Evan Longoria (I know it's early, but the kid can play)
May 14, 200917 yr Who has more at bats than anybody? I said he was prolific, just not on my list of top hitters. .303 says it all for me anyway. So, I have a question for you, who are you top 5 (or 10 if you may) home run hitters of all time?
May 14, 200917 yr Ted Williams Tony Gwynn Pete Rose Stan Musial Ty Cobb Lou Gherig Joe DiMaggio Pujols Ichiro Willie Mays
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.