Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Major League Baseball's All-Time Best Hitters

Featured Replies

I am taking this discussion from this thread ... http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=182956&page=3

So we don't hijack it any more.

 

I am interested in seeing your top 13 best hitters in MLB history.

 

Mine are as follows...

 

Ted Williams

Pete Rose

Ty Cobb

Willie Mays

Joe Dimaggio

Mickey Mantle

Barry Bonds

Roberto Clemente

Albert Pujols

Ichiro

Lou Gehrig

Stan Musial

 

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive list, however, any talk or list of baseball's greatest hitters has to include Tony Gywnn!

  • Author
Very impressive list, however, any talk or list of baseball's greatest hitters has to include Tony Gywnn!

 

A good addition!:thumb:

I am taking this discussion from this thread ... http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=182956&page=3

So we don't hijack it any more.

 

I am interested in seeing your top 13 best hitters in MLB history.

 

Mine are as follows...

 

Ted Williams

Pete Rose

Ty Cobb

Willie Mays

Joe Dimaggio

Mickey Mantle

Barry Bonds

Roberto Clemente

Albert Pujols

Ichiro

Lou Gehrig

Stan Musial

 

 

 

In that order? And why did you select a Top 13? :lol:

I loved Pete Rose as a player, but I would rank all of the players below as being better hitters than Pete.

 

Ted Williams

Frank Robinson

Willie Mays

Hank Aaron

Mel Ott

Joe Dimaggio

Ty Cobb

Lou Gehrig

Jimmie Fox

Stan Musial

Babe Ruth

Shoeless Joe Jackson

Tris Speaker

Hank Greenberg

Al Simmons

Johnny Mize

Albert Pujols

Barry Bonds

  • Author
In that order? And why did you select a Top 13? :lol:

 

I couldn't narrow it down to 10, so I did 13. I started the thread, it was my perogative. :D

I couldn't include Jeter w/that list!

  • Author
I think Mike Schmidt should be on here.

 

Anyone else think Jeter should?

 

No, Jeter was a clutch hitter in the playoffs, but not a productive all time great like the people on the list.

 

Schmidt would have a legitamite case though.

I saw a stat on Pujuls that is mind-boggling.

 

In his CAREER, he has only gone 3 games TWICE without getting a hit or walk.

Bonds

Gwynn

Ichiro

Pujols

 

The best hitters of the past 20 years easily, imo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.