Marco Island, Fl

MrsFairFan

YAY! We have out summer vacation planned. Our family and my parents and siblings are headed to Marco Island. Has anyone ever been there? I have not and I can't wait. I know its beautiful there. We are going in July. We have a friend who has a beautiful home there and they are letting us stay there.

Growing up, Marco Island was my family's spring vacation destination. I love the place. Haven't been since college and would love to see how it has changed. If you are into shopping, head over to Naples.

I have family in Naples so we will be making a stop there. Good to know about shopping.

I love Marco Island! It is so nice and pretty and very quiet. It will be pretty dead in July--we've been there in July several years and nobody is down there. They have a great restaurant called Nacho Mama's that my kids loved. Make sure you take some water shoes for the kids because the beach is very shell-y and will hurt their feet.

Shelling on the beach is great at Marco. The North end of the beach or what was called Tiger Tail is the best for shelling.

The house we are staying at is on the intercostal canal. Its right down the street from the big Marriott golf resort. He is a member there and we get those rights as well.

I love Marco Island! It is so nice and pretty and very quiet. It will be pretty dead in July--we've been there in July several years and nobody is down there. They have a great restaurant called Nacho Mama's that my kids loved. Make sure you take some water shoes for the kids because the beach is very shell-y and will hurt their feet.

Thank you! Good to know about the water shoes. They are crazy about what touches there feet. Haha!

Two places to go eat are Snook Inn (is on the water) and Michelbob's Ribs.

Michelbob's has the best ribs I have ever eaten.

The Naples and Marco Island area is a great vaction place, been going for almost 20 years. Just got back