Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marco Island, Fl

Featured Replies

YAY! We have out summer vacation planned. Our family and my parents and siblings are headed to Marco Island. Has anyone ever been there? I have not and I can't wait. I know its beautiful there. We are going in July. We have a friend who has a beautiful home there and they are letting us stay there.

I wonder if we have the same friend, because my buddy's family has a house there. They love it.

I have a home there, too.

 

It is a sllooowwww pace. Which I love.

I have been to Marco a few times. It's very nice.

 

It will be HOT in July.

 

Marco is a great place. There is a 3 hour boat ride from Marco to Key West, if you're looking to visit there. It leaves early & returns right around dusk.

  • Author

I was looking at the weather and saw the hot temps. I like that the water is nice and warm.

Growing up, Marco Island was my family's spring vacation destination. I love the place. Haven't been since college and would love to see how it has changed. If you are into shopping, head over to Naples.

  • Author
Growing up, Marco Island was my family's spring vacation destination. I love the place. Haven't been since college and would love to see how it has changed. If you are into shopping, head over to Naples.

 

I have family in Naples so we will be making a stop there. Good to know about shopping.

At one time, and I am not sure if it is still true, Naples had the highest per-capita ratio of Millionaires in the US.

 

Naples used to be one of my favorite places but it is a little too busy and congested now.

Shelling on the beach is great at Marco. The North end of the beach or what was called Tiger Tail is the best for shelling.

I love Marco Island! It is so nice and pretty and very quiet. It will be pretty dead in July--we've been there in July several years and nobody is down there. They have a great restaurant called Nacho Mama's that my kids loved. Make sure you take some water shoes for the kids because the beach is very shell-y and will hurt their feet.

  • Author
Shelling on the beach is great at Marco. The North end of the beach or what was called Tiger Tail is the best for shelling.

 

The house we are staying at is on the intercostal canal. Its right down the street from the big Marriott golf resort. He is a member there and we get those rights as well.

  • Author
I love Marco Island! It is so nice and pretty and very quiet. It will be pretty dead in July--we've been there in July several years and nobody is down there. They have a great restaurant called Nacho Mama's that my kids loved. Make sure you take some water shoes for the kids because the beach is very shell-y and will hurt their feet.

 

Thank you! Good to know about the water shoes. They are crazy about what touches there feet. Haha!

Oh, the Marriott is very nice! If FF likes to fish, the 1/2 day fishing expeditions are really cool around there. My husband and son have gone several times and my son caught a shark and a marlin. We've got some great pictures.

Two places to go eat are Snook Inn (is on the water) and Michelbob's Ribs.

Michelbob's has the best ribs I have ever eaten.

The Naples and Marco Island area is a great vaction place, been going for almost 20 years. Just got back

Wow. Would have never guessed so many BGPers have visited Marco Island. Maybe we should think about setting up a BGP's retirement home at Marco Island. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.