Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier Henry commits to Kansas

Featured Replies

From what I have been told and have not seen with my own eyes, is that Patrick Patterson is licking his chops at the opportunity of playing for Coach Cal and being used in practice in a way that will greatly enhance his professional stock. That includes playing a role facing the basket and shooting mid-range jump shots. Lots of work on going left and using his left hand.

 

My guess is Coach Cal has Patrick and his family convinced that regardless of where he might fall in the NBA draft of 2009, he can improve on that with a year of coaching and playing for UK.

 

I believe this to be the case as well.

 

 

He may want to come back more than anything in the world. Oh except that it makes so much more sense to stay in this draft that is considered terribly weak and earn money for two years before the season isn't played in 2011.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I have been told and have not seen with my own eyes, is that Patrick Patterson is licking his chops at the opportunity of playing for Coach Cal and being used in practice in a way that will greatly enhance his professional stock. That includes playing a role facing the basket and shooting mid-range jump shots. Lots of work on going left and using his left hand.

 

My guess is Coach Cal has Patrick and his family convinced that regardless of where he might fall in the NBA draft of 2009, he can improve on that with a year of coaching and playing for UK.

 

I believe this to be the case as well.

 

 

 

 

I don't think Patrick will be playing college ball anymore.

I don't think Patrick will be playing college ball anymore.

 

Nor should he if he has good workouts. I'm glad he came to UK and I wish him all the best if he leaves.

It has always been like that. The worst team gets the most ping pong balls, and they do a lottery for the top 3 spots...

 

since 1990.

No sources just common sense, the Henry's @UK. IMHO.

since 1990.

 

To assure that the worst team can pick no lower than 4th.

Uhhh...

 

:idunno::idunno::idunno:

Yep so the Knicks have a better chance to move into the top 3 than they do falling back a spot or two. Conspiracy theory is they get Griffin w/ the one this year and Lebron has a big guy to play w/ him and D Wade in 2010.

 

Has there really been talk that Wade and Lebron would want to go to the same team in 2010? I know they are friends, however I doubt they would choose to play on the same team.

Does anyone think that Meeks situation has anything to do with him selecting Kansas? Maybe Meeks is leaning towards coming back next season.

Does anyone think that Meeks situation has anything to do with him selecting Kansas? Maybe Meeks is leaning towards coming back next season.

 

Meeks is gonna be back. There's no way that he would stay in the draft just be drafted in the 2nd round.

Does anyone think that Meeks situation has anything to do with him selecting Kansas? Maybe Meeks is leaning towards coming back next season.

 

I dont think there was much of a chance of Meeks leaving this whole time. So no I dont think it had anything to do with Henry going to Kansas. Most people do assume he will be back. There is the slight chance he wont, but much better chance that he will be back.

With the soon to be addition of Dodson and the almost certain return of Meeks, the Cats will be fine without Henry. Obviously a committment from him would've been awesome and helped a great deal, but him going to Kansas doesn't diminish the outlook for next season as much as some probably think.

Assuming that Henry is going to be one and done, and that Meeks returns, I don't think this hurts UK much at all. I'd take one year from a senior All-American than one year from a freshman. It would have been nice to have Henry and have some depth at the position but UK will be just fine with Meeks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.