Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier Henry commits to Kansas

Featured Replies

So I guess this thread ends tommorrow at 11:16am or there abouts.:D

 

This would have been a good get, but if Jody comes back we will be just fine. X was probably a one and done. I wish the kid luck.

 

I think Meeks might get a first round grade. Some people that were for sure lottery and other first rounders are staying in school. Patterson and Meeks might have their best chance now. There will more than likely be no chance to earn money in 2011 so I think they both bolt now and collect for two years.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Either way-I do not believe Henry is any better than Miller, John Wall is who we need and if not Bledsoe will do just fine.

 

Darius is good and Cal seems to like him a lot, but Henry is a top 5-7 player in the country who would be drafted in the lottery this year if he were eligible.

  • Author
I think Meeks might get a first round grade. Some people that were for sure lottery and other first rounders are staying in school. Patterson and Meeks might have their best chance now. There will more than likely be no chance to earn money in 2011 so I think they both bolt now and collect for two years.

 

Things are looking more likely for Patterson to stay in the draft (financially) than Meeks. I would expect Meeks back with near 100% certainty. There is always that small chance that some team could guarantee to take him late, late in the first round, but not likely.

 

I do believe Patterson wants to come back, but it might not be in the best of interest of him to do so. Of course, he could improve his ball-handling and shooting, but his position is very weak in this class and he is likely a first rounder, if not late-lottery pick.

Things are looking more likely for Patterson to stay in the draft (financially) than Meeks. I would expect Meeks back with near 100% certainty. There is always that small chance that some team could guarantee to take him late, late in the first round, but not likely.

 

I do believe Patterson wants to come back, but it might not be in the best of interest of him to do so. Of course, he could improve his ball-handling and shooting, but his position is very weak in this class and he is likely a first rounder, if not late-lottery pick.

 

I don't think Meeks will go, but I think he's a lot closer than some people think. It's a terrible year for the draft. I read one scouts view that it's the worst draft he can remember. Next year's looks pretty strong. It looks even stronger if all of the younger players think there will be a strike or lockout that cancels everything in the summer of 2011. His best chance at getting drafted high may be this year. It also gives him two years salary instead of one. The biggest knock on Meeks is his height. That isn't changing.

The bad part is there is some UK fan already thinking Calipari just can't recruit.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumb:

Things are looking more likely for Patterson to stay in the draft (financially) than Meeks. I would expect Meeks back with near 100% certainty. There is always that small chance that some team could guarantee to take him late, late in the first round, but not likely.

 

I do believe Patterson wants to come back, but it might not be in the best of interest of him to do so. Of course, he could improve his ball-handling and shooting, but his position is very weak in this class and he is likely a first rounder, if not late-lottery pick.

 

He will not be a lottery pick.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumb:

 

I am afraid that he is my cousin's husband from Jackson County.:D Very fickle.

I think Cal moves on to possibly going after Memphis-recruit Darnell Dodson now.

He also may be selling Bledsoe on UK even with Wall.

Who knows, soon it will all be on to 2010 kids.

I wish Xavier and his brother the best.

WKYT out of Lexingon report this earlier today........

 

Xavier Henry, one of the top players in the senior class and a former Memphis signee, and his brother — a former New York Yankees first-round pick who didn't play last season at Memphis due to injury — have informed Calipari that they will be attending Kansas

 

 

 

 

 

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9483628/Sources:-Xavier-Henry-picks-KU,-brother-to-follow

  • Author
He will not be a lottery pick.

 

Notice the "late."

 

I have heard that the Knicks are looking at Patterson if they fall between 12-14.

I am afraid that he is my cousin's husband from Jackson County.:D Very fickle.

 

I know a few of those......Fire Cal, Fire Cal! I can hear them now....:ohbrother::lol:

ESPN just reported it! X and CJ will enroll at Kansas.

ESPN just reported it! X and CJ will enroll at Kansas.

 

They're only about 15-16 hours late...:lol:

Henry would had been a great signing, no doubt about it. However, it is not the end of the world. Besides, if he really didn't want to be here then it is best. I wish him luck and now on to the next guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.