April 13, 200917 yr My prediction for what it is worth. We get Wall and Henry. We lose Orton to Kansas. Hood seems to think Orton is coming, they roomed together this weekend. fwiw
April 13, 200917 yr Duke has been involved for quite a while. They weren't considered one of the front-runners until recently, but they've been there the whole time. Same can't be said for UK. I didn't read anything past this post yet so if I missed anything my bad. But you are wrong to a point, Duke has shown mild interest in Wall for awhile now but never really pursued(sp?) him that much. He wasn't even offered a scholarship until just recently when he met with Coach K. They may have "been there" for a while but did not start recruiting him hard till just recently, hence becoming one of the front-runners. With that being said, I feel he'll end up being a Wildcat when it's all said and done.
April 13, 200917 yr Not sure why so defensive for Coach K. I never said he wasn't great. Again, compare a coach whose coaching in a major conference versus a coach who has been in two less than major conferences. What do you expect in the amount of talent who would go to a UMass or Memphis? Come on. We could say how many games has Coack K won in the NBA? But that wouldn't be fair either, would it? Duhon is having a break out year this year for the Knicks but he's been off the college scene going on six years next year. Wall would have been about 12 when he last wore the Duke colors. The truth is that Duke has never produced a superstar PG that translated that career into the NBA (I know not all has been the player's performances). Truth is Derrick Rose is currently averaging nearly 17 ppg and 6 assists in his rookie campaign. He is the reason the Bulls traded Duhon. I'm just saying that on this site the guru's of college athletics tell us time and again that most all of these kinds of superstar kids care only about what have you produced for me lately. Who is hot that they see now and want what they have. Rose translates a lot better than Duhon or other PG's. BTW, I don't think Wall; should he come to UK, will be choosing Kentucky as much as Coach Cal. Probably 99% Cal and maybe 1% UK if that. :thumb: I'm not defensive about Coach K, I was just saying that he isn't choosing Cal because of track records because K's is far better than Cal's. And it's really nothing you said, but a response to other posts besides yours. Plus I am like a guard dog sometimes when it comes to my Dukies.:taz: We could also say how many gold medals does Cal have, but that wouldn't be fair either..... Wall is from Raleigh, he may have been 12 when Duhon last played at Duke, but I am sure he knows who Duhon and Williams are. Derrick Rose's success has nothing to do with Coach Cal whatsoever. He was going to be a superstar in the NBA regardless of where he had gone to college. That's kind of like saying Tubby is responsible for Rondo being so successful in the NBA. Duhon was a free agent, he left on his own. He chose the Knicks over the Magic, he was not traded. I agree with you on the other points. I still love you Hatz:ylsuper:....I'll be glad when football starts so we'll be on the same side when the Rebels take the field.
April 13, 200917 yr John Wall's youtube videos are ridiculous. Kid has some jets and hops. Won't even speculate on if UK is gonna get him but whoever does should be a happy team. Best of luck to this kid!
April 13, 200917 yr I think the NBA schedule is a lot longer and travel is way worse than college. I truly don't think a "one and done" lottery pick player chooses a college based on proximity to home. It makes for good fodder and a smoke screen to allow him to make up his mind. Jmo. Hasn't he stated that his mother being sick could be factored in to staying close to home? I could be wrong ...
April 13, 200917 yr Hasn't he stated that his mother being sick could be factored in to staying close to home? I could be wrong ... I don't know if he's said it, but I know it's thought to potentially play a factor. One thing I think people are forgetting is even if he is one and done, he'll be making millions and be able to move his mother to wherever he ends up. JMO.
April 13, 200917 yr I don't know if he's said it, but I know it's thought to potentially play a factor. One thing I think people are forgetting is even if he is one and done, he'll be making millions and be able to move his mother to wherever he ends up. JMO. He will be away from her for a year if he comes to UK because he can not make millions to send her anywhere while playing college.
April 13, 200917 yr I think it will be a good week for UK fans... Geez GT, you got yourself an entire thread over on Maggard's site with this statement....:lol:
April 13, 200917 yr I'm not defensive about Coach K, I was just saying that he isn't choosing Cal because of track records because K's is far better than Cal's. And it's really nothing you said, but a response to other posts besides yours. Plus I am like a guard dog sometimes when it comes to my Dukies.:taz: We could also say how many gold medals does Cal have, but that wouldn't be fair either..... Wall is from Raleigh, he may have been 12 when Duhon last played at Duke, but I am sure he knows who Duhon and Williams are. Derrick Rose's success has nothing to do with Coach Cal whatsoever. He was going to be a superstar in the NBA regardless of where he had gone to college. That's kind of like saying Tubby is responsible for Rondo being so successful in the NBA. Duhon was a free agent, he left on his own. He chose the Knicks over the Magic, he was not traded. I agree with you on the other points. I still love you Hatz:ylsuper:....I'll be glad when football starts so we'll be on the same side when the Rebels take the field. And may that field be on the Championship Grass in Bowling Green. :thumb:
April 13, 200917 yr I think it will be a good week for UK fans... Like me the sound of that...i'm guilty of drinking the Kool-Aid, and reading the gospel according to GT.
April 13, 200917 yr My prediction for what it is worth. We get Wall and Henry. We lose Orton to Kansas. UK is so desperate for a PG, I'd trade Orton and Henry both for Wall. :lol:
April 13, 200917 yr UK is so desperate for a PG, I'd trade Orton and Henry both for Wall. :lol: Agreed
April 13, 200917 yr UK is so desperate for a PG, I'd trade Orton and Henry both for Wall. :lol: Me too as long as we get to keep Meeks and PPat.
April 13, 200917 yr I hear that CC and staff feel very good about Wall. From a few things I have read out of Kansas, I think UK may have a real shot at Xavier Henry. Looks like Self has a real renewed interest in Lance Stephenson. In addition, CC is in good shape with 2011 stud Mike Gilchrist.
April 13, 200917 yr I hear that CC and staff feel very good about Wall. From a few things I have read out of Kansas, I think UK may have a real shot at Xavier Henry. Looks like Self has a real renewed interest in Lance Stephenson. In addition, CC is in good shape with 2011 stud Mike Gilchrist. Any idea where the scholarships come from?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.