Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest on Wall?

Featured Replies

Heard from a reliable source that John Wall did in fact use the restroom after a big Easter brunch around noon today, so signs are indeed pointing to him going to UK.

 

:eyeonyou:

  • Replies 382
  • Views 47.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just asking that IF we push hard for Wall and he goes elsewhere, and we have indeed brushed off Bledsoe to the point of saying "NO!", what is plan 3b?

I think he wants to be put in a situation where he will be a high pick in the NBA draft, and somewhere where he will be fully prepared. Calipari and his offense are exactly what he needs. Duke, not so much. A player with that much talent often has an ego that says to himself, 'why should I have to compete for a starting job.' Not saying he is that type of player but anyone who is told this is your team, and you are going to run the offense from day one without a single doubt, should be highly influenced by that.

 

Coach K has told him the exact same thing and brought out the Jay Williams playbook to show him and how he could fit into what they would try and do with him running the show.

  • Author

I would love to see him in baby blue, but I just don't see that happening.

I think he wants to be put in a situation where he will be a high pick in the NBA draft, and somewhere where he will be fully prepared. Calipari and his offense are exactly what he needs. Duke, not so much. A player with that much talent often has an ego that says to himself, 'why should I have to compete for a starting job.' Not saying he is that type of player but anyone who is told this is your team, and you are going to run the offense from day one without a single doubt, should be highly influenced by that.

 

 

That's laughable. So you think that after all these years a man of Coach K's knowledge would recruit John Wall and not know Wall is 1 and done? Do you think Coach K wouldn't pull out all the stops to have John Wall for 1 year? Do you watch Duke basketball and who would stand in John Wall's way at Duke at the pg position?

 

Coach K has told him the exact same thing and brought out the Jay Williams playbook to show him and how he could fit into what they would try and do with him running the show.

 

:thumb: Don't know if that'll be enough to convince him, but it'd be nice to see John Wall running the show the same way Jay Williams did.

 

 

It's all specualtion on everyone's part as to why he will go where he wants to. I like how UK fans try to rationalize why UK is the best place for him(coach, offense, tradition, etc). The best place for him is probably the pros, but because of a dumb rule he has to play college ball somewhere. Whoever gets his one year service will probably be at the very least an elite 8 team if all the hype is true. I wish him well wherever he may end up, but let's not kid ourselves and act like we know the best fit for him. I hope he goes to Duke, most of you hope he goes to UK. We'll see what happens, but all of this the best place for him stuff is nonsense. We don't know the best place for the kid.........:taz:

I think he wants to be put in a situation where he will be a high pick in the NBA draft, and somewhere where he will be fully prepared. Calipari and his offense are exactly what he needs. Duke, not so much. A player with that much talent often has an ego that says to himself, 'why should I have to compete for a starting job.' Not saying he is that type of player but anyone who is told this is your team, and you are going to run the offense from day one without a single doubt, should be highly influenced by that.

 

He will be a high pick no matter what school he goes and I don't think Duke lowers his stock. He will have to compete at the NBA level, so if his one year in college is a tune up, wouldn't competing for a spot be what he really needs? Competetion brings out the best in an individual. With that said, he will be starter no matter what school he attends and be a high pick the following year.

I would love to see him in baby blue, but I just don't see that happening.

 

:thumb:

I'd love to see Wall at UK and I think we have a good shot at landing him. I'm still not getting my hopes up though.

Coach Cal was making one more pitch to Henry and Wall in the hotel last night around midnight. I'm just hoping for the best though.

 

http://michaeleaves.blogspot.com/

 

That sounds good!

That's laughable. So you think that after all these years a man of Coach K's knowledge would recruit John Wall and not know Wall is 1 and done? Do you think Coach K wouldn't pull out all the stops to have John Wall for 1 year? Do you watch Duke basketball and who would stand in John Wall's way at Duke at the pg position?

 

 

 

:thumb: Don't know if that'll be enough to convince him, but it'd be nice to see John Wall running the show the same way Jay Williams did.

 

 

It's all specualtion on everyone's part as to why he will go where he wants to. I like how UK fans try to rationalize why UK is the best place for him(coach, offense, tradition, etc). The best place for him is probably the pros, but because of a dumb rule he has to play college ball somewhere. Whoever gets his one year service will probably be at the very least an elite 8 team if all the hype is true. I wish him well wherever he may end up, but let's not kid ourselves and act like we know the best fit for him. I hope he goes to Duke, most of you hope he goes to UK. We'll see what happens, but all of this the best place for him stuff is nonsense. We don't know the best place for the kid.........:taz:

 

 

Of course UK fans are going to think UK is the best place for him. Just like crazy Duke fans think Duke is the best place for him. I am a UK fan but I can step back and look at the situation from an unbias point of view and I in doing so I still think UK is the best place for him. Look what Calipari has done for his last 2 PGs, both are Lottery picks. Perfect timing, perfect offense, and perfect coach! Whether you're a UK fan, a Duke fan, or UNC fan it's easy to see that UK is the best fit for him.

Coach Cal was making one more pitch to Henry and Wall in the hotel last night around midnight. I'm just hoping for the best though.

 

http://michaeleaves.blogspot.com/

 

If he is doing that I can guarantee you the scholarships will open up.

Of course UK fans are going to think UK is the best place for him. Just like crazy Duke fans think Duke is the best place for him. I am a UK fan but I can step back and look at the situation from an unbias point of view and I in doing so I still think UK is the best place for him. Look what Calipari has done for his last 2 PGs, both are Lottery picks. Perfect timing, perfect offense, and perfect coach! Whether you're a UK fan, a Duke fan, or UNC fan it's easy to see that UK is the best fit for him.

 

Im sure your post will not go uncontested, but I agree. Im interested to see what the other posters offer for the Carolina schools.

Of course UK fans are going to think UK is the best place for him. Just like crazy Duke fans think Duke is the best place for him. I am a UK fan but I can step back and look at the situation from an unbias point of view and I in doing so I still think UK is the best place for him. Look what Calipari has done for his last 2 PGs, both are Lottery picks. Perfect timing, perfect offense, and perfect coach! Whether you're a UK fan, a Duke fan, or UNC fan it's easy to see that UK is the best fit for him.

 

All your reasons are true that UK is a good fit for him except for one thing. If he wants to stay close to home then that is where UK will fall short in landing Wall.

All your reasons are true that UK is a good fit for him except for one thing. If he wants to stay close to home then that is where UK will fall short in landing Wall.

 

Touche! I had faith in our posters that we would see another side to the coin! I would have been happier if there was no response, but there has to be a reason why he hasnt announced.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.