Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mean to players

Featured Replies

Physically? I find this hard to believe. Any man wanting to get physical with someone like Meeks, Patterson or Harris would be Insane. :idunno:

 

 

I believe what Xtiger may of meant, was the extent of his demand physically. Such as practice on game day, pushing Jasper until he finally pushed him off the Team, etc...

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe what Xtiger may of meant, was the extent of his demand physically. Such as practice on game day, pushing Jasper until he finally pushed him off the Team, etc...

 

My bad, Trying to watch TV, Check BGP and drink a cold one, all at the same time..

I can tell you that his language during games and practices as VERY abusive. I don't have a problem with a guy using a curse word here or there, but he couldn't complete a sentence without one. And he was very derogatory towards his players as well.
Seth Greenburg at Va Tech is exactly the same and people love him. I sat behind the bench with my nephew (10 at the time) once when Seth was at USF. I have a tendancy to use flowery language now and then, but the barrage of curse bombs directed at the players, the refs, even the crowd, was unbelievable. I had to move to get my nephew away from it.

I dont think it was the cursing....

I think it may have been the treatment of injured players or likely that was a central part of it.

However, that is just one issue, his treatment of support staff and others outside the lines was a real killer.

I have heard some stories of his locker room antics. We all know he is a complete jerk, so I'm sure he was somewhat "abusive" to his players behind closed doors.

I dont think it was the cursing....

I think it may have been the treatment of injured players or likely that was a central part of it.

However, that is just one issue, his treatment of support staff and others outside the lines was a real killer.

 

This is exactly what I have heard and read as well.

I would have to think that if he were that abusive, it would have been picked up by the media. They are relentless in their pursuit of a story, so I have to believe that most of this is a little exagerated.

 

If true physical abuse was involved then it would have been picked up by the Lexington Police. In todays lawsuit lottery world, NO parent would allow their child to be abused, physically without retribution.

 

Telling them that the UConn's womens team could beat them, well....... They would beat a LOT of male teams. They were just that good!

 

Again, if he were winning, he would have been known as a hard nose coach, nothing wrong with that.

 

Telling them that the UConn's womens team could beat them, well....... They would beat a LOT of male teams. They were just that good!

.

 

 

 

You can't be serious? :idunno:

I would have to think that if he were that abusive, it would have been picked up by the media. They are relentless in their pursuit of a story, so I have to believe that most of this is a little exagerated.

 

If true physical abuse was involved then it would have been picked up by the Lexington Police. In todays lawsuit lottery world, NO parent would allow their child to be abused, physically without retribution.

 

Telling them that the UConn's womens team could beat them, well....... They would beat a LOT of male teams. They were just that good!

 

Again, if he were winning, he would have been known as a hard nose coach, nothing wrong with that.

 

The UCONN's women team is a great team, but they wouldn't beat N.J.I.T.

Only because he lost. Had he won he would have been a "hard nosed disciplinarian".

 

:thumb:

If Gillispie would have won he would still be there. At the same time if UK had the same record and he would have handled things better, particularly from a PR standpoint he would be there.

I don't think its as if he were beating players with whips or anything, but he was a little on the tough side. His biggest problem was being a jerk to everyone he came into contact with.

Only because he lost. Had he won he would have been a "hard nosed disciplinarian".

 

:lol:

 

Telling them that the UConn's womens team could beat them, well....... They would beat a LOT of male teams. They were just that good!

 

There are a lot of boys high school basketball teams that would beat UCONN's Women IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.