Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is It Too Early

Featured Replies

To say some of the swagger and fun is back within the program?

When was the last time we were really this EXCITED?

I'm not expecting a NC next year, it's just good to know that we could be scary to teams again. The last few years, even mid-majors knew that a trip to Rupp was not an automatic L.

It will be nice to see Rupp rocking some again!:thumb:

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To say some of the swagger and fun is back within the program?

When was the last time we were really this EXCITED?

I'm not expecting a NC next year, it's just good to know that we could be scary to teams again. The last few years, even mid-majors knew that a trip to Rupp was not an automatic L.

It will be nice to see Rupp rocking some again!:thumb:

 

Fun times are ahead. I don't want to set my expectations to high, but once Coach Cal gets settled in I think the SEC and NCAA are in big trouble.

Fun times are ahead. I don't want to set my expectations to high, but once Coach Cal gets settled in I think the SEC and NCAA are in big trouble.

 

:thumb::banana:

I will say this:

 

If Cousins, Orton, Patterson, Meeks and Wall (or another capable PG) are here, then I would say...

 

...Look out Final Four.

 

Although not likely, if Henry came as well... wow, just imagine.

Absolutely NOT.... for the first time since Rick Pitino we have a guy who is going to bring in NBA prospects each and every year. Back to the glory days...

Calipari instantly brings a little bit of the swagger back. His introduction should be very exciting. This is the most exciting hire of a UK hoops coach in my lifetime.

 

Remember that Pitino was coming from the NBA, UK was in deep trouble, and many in the national media were openly critical of UK for hiring him. Howard Cosell even publicly stated that UK showed horrible judgement and would be in trouble again very soon with an NBA coach at the helm. UK fans were just glad to get a coach period and honestly, most didn't know that much about Pitino. I hope this choice works out as well as that one did, ... only that his stay lasts longer.

Calipari instantly brings a little bit of the swagger back. His introduction should be very exciting. This is the most exciting hire of a UK hoops coach in my lifetime.

 

Remember that Pitino was coming from the NBA, UK was in deep trouble, and many in the national media were openly critical of UK for hiring him. Howard Cosell even publicly stated that UK showed horrible judgement and would be in trouble again very soon with an NBA coach at the helm. UK fans were just glad to get a coach period and honestly, most didn't know that much about Pitino. I hope this choice works out as well as that one did, ... only that his stay lasts longer.

 

:thumb:

My son (who was born August 1997) was saying just the other day that he wished he had been alive to see UK when they were "great." Today as he came inside, heard the news and grabbed me in a bear hug I told him he was going to find out very soon how much fun it can be to be a UK fan!

My son (who was born August 1997) was saying just the other day that he wished he had been alive to see UK when they were "great." Today as he came inside, heard the news and grabbed me in a bear hug I told him he was going to find out very soon how much fun it can be to be a UK fan!

 

Now thats good stuff!!!

If I can remember Adolph Rupp's farewell speech, in closing he said,"For those of you who have traveled down that glory road with me, thank you." I hope to travel down that glory road again in the comming years. Good Luck coach! GO CATS!:thumb:

I don't think it's to early at all. I love the excitement. I love seeing UK all over the national coverage, it's awesome. I can't wait til basketball season rolls back around.

If you want my honest opinion, if Calipari is able to get Wall, Cousins, Henry and still be able to keep players like Hood and Orton, a National Championship next year isn't out of the question at all! It would be a very good possibility. But ALOT of things would have to happen to make that come to fruition and I just don't see everything going our way like that. We will lose out on somebody, maybe more than 1.

To say some of the swagger and fun is back within the program?

When was the last time we were really this EXCITED?

 

Almost two years ago to the day!!!

I will say this:

 

If Cousins, Orton, Patterson, Meeks and Wall (or another capable PG) are here, then I would say...

 

...Look out Final Four.

 

Although not likely, if Henry came as well... wow, just imagine.

cart..

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

horse

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.