Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FedEx offering 7 million per year?

Featured Replies

I am starting to think that FedEx does not like Kentucky. Wasn't it a FedEx package that was sent to Mills that supposely fell open, while full of cash back in the Sutton years? I find it hard to believe that the package just fell open. I need a box cutter to open the package at work that are shipped FedEx. I'm FedUP with FedEx.

 

Also I can't stand Denny Hamlin. :lol:

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to call Tom Hanks and file a complaint about this one.

I am starting to think that FedEx does not like Kentucky. Wasn't it a FedEx package that was sent to Mills that supposely fell open, while full of cash back in the Sutton years? I find it hard to believe that the package just fell open. I need a box cutter to open the package at work that are shipped FedEx. I'm FedUP with FedEx.

 

Also I can't stand Denny Hamlin. :lol:

 

I think it was Emery Air Freight (or Air Express).

I'm going to call Tom Hanks and file a complaint about this one.

 

Haha...that one gave me a chuckle.

 

If he stays in Memphis I would be interested to see the fall of sales for FedEx in the commonwealth lol.

I'm going to have to disagree that Calipari leaving would be "the death of Memphis St. basketball." Sure, they would fall off some, but it's not like a program with the history they do is going to suddenly turn into some dreg like Northwestern. They can still win their conference if they recruit the city of Memphis well.

 

Plus, it appears obvious they will go after somebody big to replace him, so I think they'll be OK.

If this is true and he still turns Memphis down I'll be shocked. I'll also be thrilled that he is our coach. I want a coach that wants the challenge of coaching UK, not just the money.

I just talked to someone close to the basketball program and his quote is:

 

"unless Cal jumps the shark, everything is on course and he will soon be announced as the next Kentucky basketball coach."

I just talked to someone close to the basketball program and his quote is:

 

"unless Cal jumps the shark, everything is on course and he will soon be announced as the next Kentucky basketball coach."

 

Thankfully I'm not aware of any sharks between Memphis and Lexington!

This backing is why I think Memphis is a more attractive job than Ark. We were comparing the 2 in another thread. I could be wrong but I don't think Ark can pull this off.

Am I reading that link wrong, because it says that cal has accepted the UK job?

This backing is why I think Memphis is a more attractive job than Ark. We were comparing the 2 in another thread. I could be wrong but I don't think Ark can pull this off.

 

I don't think this proves your point at all. I mean Calipari is one of the best coaches in America, that is why they are offering up this type of money. Another coach is not going to get near as close to this amount if he leaves. I mean their days of being an ELITE basketball program are over if he leaves, so their going to go pull out every last cent to try to keep him. They know their basketball program won't probably ever be at this level again if he leaves.

 

I mean 9 years ago before Cal even took the Memphis job, or even 4 years ago before Memphis really took off, would you have still been saying Memphis was still a more attractive job than Arkansas. IMO you would be lying if you said yes. Memphis is an elite program right now because of Cal, but wont be anymore when he leaves. It just be back to what it was 4 years ago which was a decent/good job to have, and not as attractive as Arkansas job would be IMO.

This backing is why I think Memphis is a more attractive job than Ark. We were comparing the 2 in another thread. I could be wrong but I don't think Ark can pull this off.

 

Doesn't Arkansas have a bigger cash cow in another company that is based in the state? :confused:

I don't think this proves your point at all. I mean Calipari is one of the best coaches in America, that is why they are offering up this type of money. Another coach is not going to get near as close to this amount if he leaves. I mean their days of being an ELITE basketball program are over if he leaves, so their going to go pull out every last cent to try to keep him. They know their basketball program won't probably ever be at this level again if he leaves.

 

I mean 9 years ago before Cal even took the Memphis job, or even 4 years ago before Memphis really took off, would you have still been saying Memphis was still a more attractive job than Arkansas. IMO you would be lying if you said yes. Memphis is an elite program right now because of Cal, but wont be anymore when he leaves. It just be back to what it was 4 years ago which was a decent/good job to have, and not as attractive as Arkansas job would be IMO.

 

Memphis is a "peaks and valleys" program. It's greatest peak has been under Calipari because he's sustained it for quite a while. But Memphis had great stretches in the 80's that included a Final Four run. They had another great run in the 70's that produced another Final Four. I wouldn't say they will fall off the face of the earth. Look it up and you'll see the records.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.