Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FedEx offering 7 million per year?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is understandable because losing Cal could mean the death of Memphis basketball. Remember they have a pro team to compete with and Cal's top level recruiting has kept Memphis above the talents level of the existing C-USA teams. Without a top flight coach I could see Memphis falling off the face of basketball relevance.

Man that is double what the highest paid coach gets now. That is alot of jack and I find it hard to believe that they are offering that much.

This is understandable because losing Cal could mean the death of Memphis basketball. Remember they have a pro team to compete with and Cal's top level recruiting has kept Memphis above the talents level of the existing C-USA teams. Without a top flight coach I could see Memphis falling off the face of basketball relevance.

 

If FedEx wants to back the program as people say, they can find a coach who can keep them on the map. They may not win 100 games every three years, but I doubt Cal could have kept that up forever.

Man that is double what the highest paid coach gets now. That is alot of jack and I find it hard to believe that they are offering that much.

 

Agreed, I just find that very unbelievable

First off, if Cal stays at Memphis and gets $7M a year congrats to him. He did a great job of taking the money to a new level and used UK perfectly in negotiating.

 

Secondly, if FedEx is struggling as much as has been reported how do they justify being as financially involved in this as they are? Hopefully they never need a bailout.

Man that is double what the highest paid coach gets now. That is alot of jack and I find it hard to believe that they are offering that much.
This is a last gasp, they lose everything if he leaves.
This is a last gasp, they lose everything if he leaves.

 

Agreed!:thumb::thumb:

In sports I don't find anything unbelievable anymore.

This is a last gasp, they lose everything if he leaves.

 

Totally agree!!! :thumb:

I'll be shipping with UPS from now on :madman:

I'll be shipping with UPS from now on :madman:
UPS is better anyway.
First off, if Cal stays at Memphis and gets $7M a year congrats to him. He did a great job of taking the money to a new level and used UK perfectly in negotiating.

 

Secondly, if FedEx is struggling as much as has been reported how do they justify being as financially involved in this as they are? Hopefully they never need a bailout.[/QUOTE]

 

I totally agree!

I got a bad feeling towards all this. When the Jury is debating this long over something it usually means it doesn't go in your favor. I hope I am wrong but if Calipari doesn't come then what is the next option; offer another big time coach to get turned down or go with the Ford and Phelprey road. What has happen to Kentucky with coaches not wanting to jump at the opportunity. Sure we have been in the coaching spotlight for the past couple of years good or bad. We didn't win a championship for almost 20 years from 78 to 96; Rick Pitino has spoiled us all I believe.

Maggard continues to say that Calipari keeps turning down their offers and will be the Kentucky coach...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.