Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK COACH....if you could pick him/her...

Featured Replies

No pressure in Philly as the main college hoops draw? Please explain a little more...

 

Is there pressure to make Final Fours five times in four years?

 

I know that is being a little unrealistic, but the pressure at Kentucky is second to none, obviously. I just don't know how he could handle the entire state bearing down on his shoulders if Kentucky wasn't winning at a high clip.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah making the final four 5 times in 4 years in very unrealistic. :lol:

Yeah making the final four 5 times in 4 years in very unrealistic. :lol:

 

I was laminating the expectations of some Kentucky fans.

Kelly Wells. He's a pretty good coach in Rupp Arena, ya know?

I say Jay Wright....and I say it with reservation, as most on here know, I can't stand UK....but he would be the best coach they could get. What say you?

Interesting choice...would be on the list.

Mark Few

Dont see him crossing the Mississippi anyime soon.

Ben Howland

BCG clone but without the backyard talent pool at UK.

Mike D'Antoni

No

Izzo

Some say he has been there too long and may be looking for a change.

 

Kelly Wells. He's a pretty good coach in Rupp Arena, ya know?

You go K-Dub.

No pressure in Philly as the main college hoops draw? Please explain a little more...
Philly is also a major sport's city and 'Nova hoops is at best the 4th draw. UK hoops is #1 in the Commonwealth. While Wright may be a big fish, he is in a big pond in Philly. At UK, he becomes the face of the University and in may respects, a face of an entire state. I am not saying he is capable or not capable, but coming here is a totally different animal.

Wright would probably be my top choice. He's had more tourney success than Dixon or Capel. Barnes maybe?

 

I don't see Williams/Self/Cal/Pitino going anywhere so I'm ignoring them.

 

EDIT: I don't WANT BCG gone after this year, but if he is gone the above are who I'd want.

Edited by mobaar

Yeah making the final four 5 times in 4 years in very unrealistic. :lol:

 

I expect 6 final fours in 4 years and 5 championships!

I expect 6 final fours in 4 years and 5 championships!

 

I just expect them to win the NCAA, NIT, and CBI every year. Nobody other than UK should end the season with a victory. :lol:

If I had to pick I wish Pitino would have never left UK and was still the coach today. I'd love to have Pitino as the head coach.

 

With that being said, theres almost as good a chance as that happening as UK winning the NCAA championship this year.

Billy Clyde.

 

If something does happen, I just hope they don't go with Travis Ford or Rick Barnes. Both are horrible options.

If something happens and Gillispie is not the coach next season, I think there is only one option (if Pitino says no):

 

John Calipari.

 

Sure, he may have a shady past and be a little slimy to some, but that is the coach that can come right in and win right now. His tempo suits Kentucky fans to a 't' and his recruiting ability is off the chart. Calipari also has an ego and that is that even though he could win consistently at Memphis, Kentucky is Kentucky. He is the enemy of Rick Pitino dating back to early years and the rivalry with Louisville would be bigger than it has ever been.

 

And remember, two of his big-time recruits have yet to sign. Not saying they would follow him, but it would be easier for him to leave knowing that they are still available.

^ He would be my first choice.

sweet16....your avatar has stolen my heart.

 

Thanks, there are in complete awe of each other.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.