Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK COACH....if you could pick him/her...

Featured Replies

Why? I would honestly like to know what you and others have against the man. He has had ONE violation in his coaching career and it was something that had nothing to do with recruiting. He constantly brings in top talent, plays just as hard of a non-conference schedule as Gonzaga-and many of you would like to see Few as the coach at UK-and has had similair success in a conference similair to the Conference USA.

 

Please, tell me why you don't approve of Cal, and something more than "World Wide..."would be appreciated. And also, tell me how Calipari wouldn't accomplish more than Tubby Smith did or wouldn't bring in better recruits than Gillispie has pulled in.

 

There have been numerous threads on here that talk about why Calipari would be terrible for UK. If you want to know why, do the research and read it yourself.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There have been numerous threads on here that talk about why Calipari would be terrible for UK. If you want to know why, do the research and read it yourself.

 

I've read all of them, I've had you and several others tell me he would be bad for UK, and I don't think that being involved with someone who has ties to the NBA, but has never gotten in trouble himself, warrants anything. You should do some reading yourself. Check out the ESPN top 100 for next year and look at two of the top five recruits coming in and see that they're going to Calipari's school. Also, look at John Wall-another top 5 recruit-and his list of schools and the one he has #1 on his list. The man is a good coach, because he is associated with someone who has done nothing wrong in the NCAA's eyes, some of you don't think he'd be right for UK. Get real and realize that the man has always ran a clean program except for one instance in 1997.

I've read all of them, I've had you and several others tell me he would be bad for UK, and I don't think that being involved with someone who has ties to the NBA, but has never gotten in trouble himself, warrants anything. You should do some reading yourself. Check out the ESPN top 100 for next year and look at two of the top five recruits coming in and see that they're going to Calipari's school. Also, look at John Wall-another top 5 recruit-and his list of schools and the one he has #1 on his list. The man is a good coach, because he is associated with someone who has done nothing wrong in the NCAA's eyes, some of you don't think he'd be right for UK. Get real and realize that the man has always ran a clean program except for one instance in 1997.

 

The man had to cheat at UMass. Just think what would happen when he got put in a pressure cooker, like UK. He's always brought in great recruits, but how many titles has he won?

 

BTW, John Wall is a Baylor lean, not Memphis, so you're the one that might want to do a little bit of research....

GT. I would like to hear your take on Anthony Grant at UK. Other than you would like to see him in Clifton.:D

The man had to cheat at UMass. Just think what would happen when he got put in a pressure cooker, like UK. He's always brought in great recruits, but how many titles has he won?

 

BTW, John Wall is a Baylor lean, not Memphis, so you're the one that might want to do a little bit of research....

 

I saw the piece on OTL about his AAU coach going to Baylor, I check the ESPN recruiting site almost daily, he's had the Tigers #1 on his list for a while.

 

And wasn't Cal's "cheating" a booster giving a job to a player and paying him under the table? It happened once, has he done it since? Bob Stoops had a similair situation and no one gets up in arms about him, calling for his firing.

 

Also, Cal's won as many titles as just about every other great Mid-Major of the modern era other than Jerry Tarkanian who had the greatest mid major team ever. How many mid majors win national titles? He's gotten two mid majors to the final four, that speaks volumes to me.

I saw the piece on OTL about his AAU coach going to Baylor, I check the ESPN recruiting site almost daily, he's had the Tigers #1 on his list for a while.

 

And wasn't Cal's "cheating" a booster giving a job to a player and paying him under the table? It happened once, has he done it since? Bob Stoops had a similair situation and no one gets up in arms about him, calling for his firing.

 

Also, Cal's won as many titles as just about every other great Mid-Major of the modern era other than Jerry Tarkanian who had the greatest mid major team ever. How many mid majors win national titles? He's gotten two mid majors to the final four, that speaks volumes to me.

 

So if he's such a great coach, why not go to a big time school? It's not like he hasn't had opportunities. The answer is simple. He knows the pressure that comes with it, and wouldn't be able to handle it.

 

You act like him cheating isn't a big deal. He CHEATED! I don't care if he only did it once, or a hundred times, it happened, and for a school that has been on probation before, such as UK, to hire a guy that has gotten in trouble for it before, would be a red flag for the NCAA. They would be under a microscope for even the slightest misstep.

 

Just because ESPN has Memphis as his #1, doesn't make it so. I mean, how many times has ESPN broken stories that haven't come to frutation? He is a Baylor lean, no matter what they say.

IF BCG was to leave or be fired and I DO NOT FORE SEE either of the two happening, I WOULD LOVE JAY WRIGHT!!!!!!!!!

So if he's such a great coach, why not go to a big time school? It's not like he hasn't had opportunities. The answer is simple. He knows the pressure that comes with it, and wouldn't be able to handle it.

 

You act like him cheating isn't a big deal. He CHEATED! I don't care if he only did it once, or a hundred times, it happened, and for a school that has been on probation before, such as UK, to hire a guy that has gotten in trouble for it before, would be a red flag for the NCAA. They would be under a microscope for even the slightest misstep.

 

Just because ESPN has Memphis as his #1, doesn't make it so. I mean, how many times has ESPN broken stories that haven't come to frutation? He is a Baylor lean, no matter what they say.

 

Well, I'll agree to disagree with you on every thing related to John Calipari. :thumb:

Well, I'll agree to disagree with you on every thing related to John Calipari. :thumb:

 

So you would have no problem with your team hiring a coach that has been proven to have cheated?

Jamie Dixon would actually be my first choice.

 

Dixon would be a good possibility as well. I had not thought about him. I still like Wright.

Its really interesting to here people say they would want a Jamie Dixon or Ben Howland type coach. I mean one of the big arguments against Tubby was his style of play was boring, but those coaches also play the same type of style. So its just interesting to see people say they would want a coach, who has the same style that many people were calling boring before.

 

Yes they do, defense and rebounding are a prority with them as well as it is with OTS. I would much rather watch what some call a "boring" win than an "exciting" loss, the bottom line is to win. (and btw, I have never considerd any win boring)

 

As for style of play......I prefer whatever style that "Wins". :thumb:

IF BCG was to leave or be fired and I DO NOT FORE SEE either of the two happening, I WOULD LOVE JAY WRIGHT!!!!!!!!!

 

:thumb::thumb: I agree on both statements here. I would also add Donovan, J. Dixon and possibly T. Ford to my short list.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.