Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK COACH....if you could pick him/her...

Featured Replies

First choice would be Anthony Grant, second choice, Jamie Dixon. That said, it will probably be Ford.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love Pitino, but that will never happen. I love the way Gonzaga plays. But when it is all said and done, I would like to have Pitino or Coach K, its a tie for me. If i could choose, I would pick Coach K, but since I think he will never leave Duke, it is too far fetched for me to think of him as the UK coach.

He won't leave UCLA.

 

RP didn't say anything about realistic options.

 

I'll take Howland, too. :D:lol:

Coach K- Duke

Roy Williams-UNC

Rick Pitino- L'Ville

Bill Self- Kansas

Izzo- Mich. St.

Billy Donovan- Florida

Jim Boheim- Syracuse

Bob Huggins - WVU

Jim Calhoun- UConn

Jay Wright Villinova

Jamie Dixon- Pitt.

Ben howland- UCLA

 

This just the top ones I can think of and name. I don't see Coach K, Williams, Self, Izzo, Boheim and Calhoun leaving where they are for anyone. If it aint broke don't fix it. I could foresee "desperate measures" and us pulling Pitino back to the "Good Side" of the state for a substantial amount, just a long shot though. Huggins might be at his home but knowing of him he has a price. Jay Wright is doing great at Villinova but imo would need to think seriously about moving up several knotches and coming to UK. Jamie Dixon has a bright near future at Pitt. but futures graduates and leaving on top at Pitt, then rebuilding a storied program at UK would look good on a Hall of Fame Resume in the future.

 

http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/24/ncaa-march-madness-lifestyle-sport_basketball.html

 

This is Forbes ratings of coaches. http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/24/ncaa-march-madness-lifestyle-sport_basketball.html

Cal won't come, Pitino won't come. I had mentioned Thad... I think he is one of the best recruiters in the business who people people may not know about. It seems like he can snap his fingers and get a big time, big man. However, GT says he may not fit the personality... I think Jay Wright would be a contender, I like Jeff Capel as well.

I would like to be in Lexington when Rick Pitino comes riding back into town. What a sight that would be.

John "World Wide Wes" Calipari. Bring em both, heck, buy Wes a house in LexVegas. If Calipari can bring recruits like DeMarcus Cousins, Xavier Henry, Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans to UK year after year-HE HASN'T GOTTEN IN TROUBLE BY THE NCAA AT MEMPHIS BY THE WAY-and win 30 ball games a year, UK fans would worship him

John "World Wide Wes" Calipari. Bring em both, heck, buy Wes a house in LexVegas. If Calipari can bring recruits like DeMarcus Cousins, Xavier Henry, Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans to UK year after year-HE HASN'T GOTTEN IN TROUBLE BY THE NCAA AT MEMPHIS BY THE WAY-and win 30 ball games a year, UK fans would worship him

 

 

Yes, the SEC is a little down in basketball, but C-USA is really bad. No thanks on JC.

Yes, the SEC is a little down in basketball, but C-USA is really bad. No thanks on JC.

 

Um, he usually schedules some pretty good non-conference games as well, and usually wins those. He made it to a National Title game, recruits like a monster, and if you don't think CDR, Dorsey, Rose, Anderson, Dozier and the bench they had last year wouldn't have won the SEC, and the team he has had in the past and this season wouldn't win the SEC, you haven't watched much Memphis ball.

 

Any UK fan that wouldn't want Calipari because some of his players got paid under the table in 1997-and hasn't been in trouble since, by the way-and he plays in a poor conference; even though he gets some of the best recruits in America, year in, year out and made it to the National Title game and was 2 minutes away from winning it all. You are nuts.

Um, he usually schedules some pretty good non-conference games as well, and usually wins those. He made it to a National Title game, recruits like a monster, and if you don't think CDR, Dorsey, Rose, Anderson, Dozier and the bench they had last year wouldn't have won the SEC, and the team he has had in the past and this season wouldn't win the SEC, you haven't watched much Memphis ball.

 

Any UK fan that wouldn't want Calipari because some of his players got paid under the table in 1997-and hasn't been in trouble since, by the way-and he plays in a poor conference; even though he gets some of the best recruits in America, year in, year out and made it to the National Title game and was 2 minutes away from winning it all. You are nuts.

 

Actually, I'd call those UK fans intelligent....

How about Tom Crean?

 

Anyone think after this year, he would consider UK?

John Calipari, Jay Wright and my number 1 is Rick Pitino...I feel like we have options if we spend enough money; it is still Kentucky.

 

We can not think that folks are going to beat down the door, though, based on how we have treated our last 2 coaches.

How about Tom Crean?

 

Anyone think after this year, he would consider UK?

 

Absolutely 100% no chance. Why in the world would he even think about it?

I was just throwing it out there. How much $$$ did Indiana throw his way?

Actually, I'd call those UK fans intelligent....

 

Why? I would honestly like to know what you and others have against the man. He has had ONE violation in his coaching career and it was something that had nothing to do with recruiting. He constantly brings in top talent, plays just as hard of a non-conference schedule as Gonzaga-and many of you would like to see Few as the coach at UK-and has had similair success in a conference similair to the Conference USA.

 

Please, tell me why you don't approve of Cal, and something more than "World Wide..."would be appreciated. And also, tell me how Calipari wouldn't accomplish more than Tubby Smith did or wouldn't bring in better recruits than Gillispie has pulled in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.