March 7, 200917 yr :idunno: If he stays things may get worse and recruits may shy away even more because of speculation that he may be on his way out. If UK knows he isn't the guy for the job, then don't wait, just get it over with and move on. I dont believe it is to the point of recruits worrying if he will be fired. I would agree that if it got to that point other issues would come into play. Unless Uk has info far beyond what we have, I cant see how they can make that decision at this point, towards the improvement of the program.
March 7, 200917 yr I don't think that now is necessarily the time to let him go or force BCG out. Should U.K. be looking in the future for any TOP LEVEL coach and not another Gllispie then imo forcing another coach out, this one after only two years would just send more of a message to any future recruits and/or coaches that U.K. is not the place to be. Agree with it or not I feel very safe in saying that when Tubby left and yes, he imo was forced out and no matter what anyone has said or thinks that sent a message to all coaches around the country and imo pretty much all were upset and sided with Tubby on his "decision" :sssh:. Should U.K. force another coach out, this time after only two years right after one of the very best coaches and most respected coaches in the country left then imo they will imo have a hard time getting any top coach to consider U.K.. I must say am also upset with the job that BCG is doing (or not doing) and feeling I was wrong in having him as one of my favorites for this job when Tubby left. I now admit that I have to agree with the one article that quoted Mike Casey in that BCG is in over his head with a program like U.K.. I honestly don't know what the answers are right now but feel that is he is let go now it would hurt in getting another top coach along with really hurting recruiting. Bottom line is...... BCG is our coach for now and more than likely will be for at least another couple of years or more, I will just have to get behind him and hope that things turn around....in a hurry. JMO
March 7, 200917 yr I'm just as disappointed as the next guy, but running off two high profile coaches in two years isn't the way to build a program.
March 7, 200917 yr I'm just as disappointed as the next guy, but running off two high profile coaches in two years isn't the way to build a program. The U.K. program was already here imo and didn't need to be "built" but running off two coaches as you said could just very well be a way to tear the program down. JMO.
March 7, 200917 yr Chill out people. The biggest problem I see with this team is, outside of maybe 2 or 3 guys, is overall lack of talent, and lack of heart. The reason Billy Gillispie can't make headway with these guys is that they are WAY to soft. He can't play the game for them. These guys have not committed themselves to getting better this year, and it shows on the win/loss columns. The going is getting tough right now. Maybe a bench cleaning this year wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd rather go to war by myself than with a bunch of teammatesI can't depend on. Until the boys wearing the Blue and White decide its time to man up and commit to doing the little things, its going to be this way. Tubby, Rick Barnes, Coach K or any one else could win more than 19 games with a group of guys that are this soft and timid.
March 7, 200917 yr Chill out people. The biggest problem I see with this team is, outside of maybe 2 or 3 guys, is overall lack of talent, and lack of heart. The reason Billy Gillispie can't make headway with these guys is that they are WAY to soft. He can't play the game for them. These guys have not committed themselves to getting better this year, and it shows on the win/loss columns. The going is getting tough right now. Maybe a bench cleaning this year wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd rather go to war by myself than with a bunch of teammatesI can't depend on. Until the boys wearing the Blue and White decide its time to man up and commit to doing the little things, its going to be this way. Tubby, Rick Barnes, Coach K or any one else could win more than 19 games with a group of guys that are this soft and timid. I believe any of those guys could have won more games in the weak SEC. How bad would things be if SEC was a good conference?
March 7, 200917 yr I believe any of those guys could have won more games in the weak SEC. How bad would things be if SEC was a good conference? Sorry, meant to say couldn't win. These guys would be saying the same thing BCG is saying. We have to be tougher if we want to win, period.
March 7, 200917 yr He needs to stay around one or two more years for the program to make any progress. As some have stated, he needs to be given the chance to get a few recruiting classes in here, and players that want to play hard, and with heart. Although I don't agree with some of the thing she does, if he leaves now, it will set the program back even further, recruits and possible replacement coaches would see that a coach will not have a chance to put in his own system to turn things around.
March 7, 200917 yr The worst thing UK can do this year is to run off BCG. Sure he isn't all we hoped he is, but as much as people hate to hear it it does take time to go from bottom of the barrel back to the top. He doesn't even have HIS OWN recruit that is older than a freshman. Got to give him atleast a little time before we ship him out! Please... 26 wins a season is quite a ways from the bottom of the barrel...:ohbrother: He should get the benefit of another two years to get some more of his players in the door. Although from what I have seen so far, Miller, Liggins, Harrellson, Galloway, Euton, Hood, Villarino, Zollo, Ross-Miller, are not the level of recruits BCG needs to land in order to overcome his average to below average in game coaching/x's and o's. If he is such the great recruiter, I expect classes with at least a burger boy and 1 or 2 5-star players and maybe a 4-star. Orton has potential, Ferguson has potential but BCG needs at least a couple of those type of players in each class and probably more.
March 7, 200917 yr Some UK fans are a joke. I have loved UK since the days of Joe B. Hall and I have supported whoever the coach was. Fans ran Tubby off and look what he is doing in Minnesota, the same things he was doing at Kentucky. You fans have to be realistic and realize that we cannot win the NCAA every freaking year. And yeah I am dissapointed in the ball team but you know what I would go and support them tomorrow if they had a game and I had a ticket. Give the coach a chance and two years is not a chance. Sure I don't agree with some things that he has brought with him to UK (like practices on gameday, players only play if they practice hard), but he is the coach, like it or not. Two years ago a lot of Kentucky fans thought that he hung the moon. He is a success where is has been and will continue to be one here. And another thing three years ago Rich Brooks should have been fired, according to majority of fans and writers, btu know he could run for gov. You fire Billy know that is the worst thing you could do, wake up people and just cheer on the Cats.
March 7, 200917 yr I have backed BCG all along saying he needs time to get HIS talent in and coach HIS talent up. I like the recruiter but am worring about his ability to coach the talent he gets. I have said all year to give him until next year to see what they can do with a PG. While there are a lot of UK fans that annoy me being unrealistic I think there are those that are content too. I don't expect to win it every year but I do expect to make the tournament! You think Duke, NC wouldn't be ticked if they weren't making the tourny? Sorry but I'm not willing to lower my standards to that point! They can still catch fire with a player like Meeks (+Patt) and win the SEC. If those guys stay UK will be really good....if they leave then BCG might jump ship! I've backed him but I honestly think he looks like he is in over his head.
March 7, 200917 yr I admit I am having my fears and the demons are coming BUT they did with Brooks too. In fact, I have been wrong so many times in my life I cannot begin to count the times. I was wrong with Brooks because it seemed he should go and was not making progress after the Ohio U. loss especially. But I know I'm right about this, we get rid of Billy now and we are in worse shape. More instability. And do we get rid of the next coach in two years? He COULD help himself with a couple of charm school classes but that is beside the point.
March 7, 200917 yr I dont believe it is to the point of recruits worrying if he will be fired. I would agree that if it got to that point other issues would come into play. Unless Uk has info far beyond what we have, I cant see how they can make that decision at this point, towards the improvement of the program. All I am saying is the media, the fans, and players leaving, doesn't help recruiting. Personally, I say he needs at least two years with HIS OWN players before being judged. And yes, this Team needs more talent for sure, but no way they should lose to Georgia. I believe there is a major problem or two inside that locker room. :idunno:
March 7, 200917 yr I don't think that now is necessarily the time to let him go or force BCG out. Should U.K. be looking in the future for any TOP LEVEL coach and not another Gllispie then imo forcing another coach out, this one after only two years would just send more of a message to any future recruits and/or coaches that U.K. is not the place to be. Agree with it or not I feel very safe in saying that when Tubby left and yes, he imo was forced out and no matter what anyone has said or thinks that sent a message to all coaches around the country and imo pretty much all were upset and sided with Tubby on his "decision" :sssh:. Should U.K. force another coach out, this time after only two years right after one of the very best coaches and most respected coaches in the country left then imo they will imo have a hard time getting any top coach to consider U.K.. I must say am also upset with the job that BCG is doing (or not doing) and feeling I was wrong in having him as one of my favorites for this job when Tubby left. I now admit that I have to agree with the one article that quoted Mike Casey in that BCG is in over his head with a program like U.K.. I honestly don't know what the answers are right now but feel that is he is let go now it would hurt in getting another top coach along with really hurting recruiting. Bottom line is...... BCG is our coach for now and more than likely will be for at least another couple of years or more, I will just have to get behind him and hope that things turn around....in a hurry. JMO You're right on,but my patience is about to run out of Coach G. Can't hardly watch our Cats play anymore,but again I agree with you. You much have great patience.May I have some of yours?lol
March 7, 200917 yr You're right on,but my patience is about to run out of Coach G. Can't hardly watch our Cats play anymore,but again I agree with you. You much have great patience.May I have some of yours?lol Bring enough for everybody.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.