Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Gillispie - Around the Horn

Featured Replies

2 out of the 3 writers voted in the favor of Billy not returning next year. Any thoughts?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To fire or let go of Billy Gillispie, would be a suicidal move for the UK program and could put us in a situation like IU is right now. Whether it is the right move or not to let him go, now is not the time...

I honestly don't know how I feel about the situation. At this point, I don't want him fired but I don't want him to be our head coach.

I honestly don't know how I feel about the situation. At this point, I don't want him fired but I don't want him to be our head coach.

 

I think I share some of the very same, mutual feelings with you.

 

I still think we need to give BCG another year or two to judge him as a coach for UK because then his team will be nearly full of only his players running his system. Until then I will hold my opinion of BCG back although I have been very disappointed in him and the team this season.

I think I share some of the very same, mutual feelings with you.

 

I still think we need to give BCG another year or two to judge him as a coach for UK because then his team will be nearly full of only his players running his system. Until then I will hold my opinion of BCG back although I have been very disappointed in him and the team this season.

 

I agree. I was all about giving the guy his fair shot but the Georgia game along with losses like VMI and GW have put me over the edge with him. Some of the things he does just don't make sense.

 

How many players transfer at the end of this season will have a big impact on how I feel about him.

I agree. I was all about giving the guy his fair shot but the Georgia game along with losses like VMI and GW have put me over the edge with him. Some of the things he does just don't make sense.

 

How many players transfer at the end of this season will have a big impact on how I feel about him.

 

I think you spoke my mind for me. :clap:

I'm as disappointed as anybody in the season but, as I said in another thread, he MUST not go this season. I don't even think he should quit or that it should even look like he was forced out. If he is quits because of the pressure or is fired then who comes into such a pressure cooker. He was co Sec coach of the year last year and this year goes south the last 10 games and our coach gets the boot. Bad for us. Bad for the future. Let's see how he does the next two years (and how this one ends up) before we do something that will run off high profile coaches and recruits.

Billy Gillispis around the horn? How about out the door?

The worst thing UK can do this year is to run off BCG. Sure he isn't all we hoped he is, but as much as people hate to hear it it does take time to go from bottom of the barrel back to the top. He doesn't even have HIS OWN recruit that is older than a freshman. Got to give him atleast a little time before we ship him out!

He has no clue how to coach a tradition like UK. I just dont understand this guy. He needs a new job...

I don't think it should affect anyone what 3 attention-hungry sports columnists say about the situation. People have their own opinions without worrying about those guys.

Why hasn't the master recruiter recruited a point guard for next year????

He has no clue how to coach a tradition like UK. I just dont understand this guy. He needs a new job...

 

The word "tradition" is slowly fading away at UK. That is what everyone knows UK of, their tradition, by putting a whole "team" together every season that are legit title contenders. But Billy has not been impressive at all as a coach this year and last. I know half of these boys are not his players, but that doesn't mean that he can't try to work with "all" of them. He's quite stubborn as well, man-to-man defense will not beat every team, some teams may require you to go to some-sort of zone. The ball-reversal play on offense that has Patterson isolated in the middle (the one where you will see Perry Stevenson catch it evertime at the top of the key) seems to be one of his few offenses. He's also practiced before a lot of these games, it looks like sometimes the Wildcats have been run ragged. His subbing is like a pitching rotation with two people playing one game then not even seeing the floor in the next game. Billy G has simply not accomplished enough in his two years, unless he makes a late run here at the end, he should be gone IMO.

I don't believe that 2 of 3 specified why he was gone. I doubt seriously that Barnhardt and company will send him packing. A tremendous fan out cry may do so, however. If this is the case, I would like to thank some of my BGP posters for setting back the program once again. Blast me as you wish, but this would be ridiculous.

:idunno: If he stays things may get worse and recruits may shy away even more because of speculation that he may be on his way out. If UK knows he isn't the guy for the job, then don't wait, just get it over with and move on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.