March 6, 200917 yr Sounds a lot like Yancy Gates and Samardo Samuels. Both have been good but not great in year 1, and they weren't coming off a lost SR year.... If Orton could be as good as those 2 (while not great as freshmen) I would be very happy with him.
March 6, 200917 yr Dude, rebounding is a part of defense. UK is not rebounding because the guards allow ball penetration to the middle of the lane and the post player has to rotate over to stop it and their mindset is to block the shot. I heard BCG say Monday night that he thinks it is wrong to flop and try to take a charge and he won't teach it. So instead they jump to try and block the shot and now they are out of rebounding position against their man because they had to stop guard penetration. Clog the lane with a zone and you don't have Patterson having to rotate to stop a guard. I have wondered this entire year why UK rarely takes any charges.:confused: The way the college game is officiated, his teams will struggle at times if they do not try and take some. There are some elite teams that obviously teach how to take/fake charges and would not have as much success if they took this stance.
March 6, 200917 yr I would think that his initial plan was to stay at Kentucky for two seasons and then be a lottery NBA draft pick. It hasn't worked out that way and that is part of his family's frustration.
March 6, 200917 yr If Orton could be as good as those 2 (while not great as freshmen) I would be very happy with him. I think it's a much more reasonable expectation than some that I have seen on here...
March 6, 200917 yr The greatest player at UK is the guy who has yet to step on the court and play one minute for the Wildcats. This is and always will be the case since UK fans jump all over this recruiting hype about these five star recruits that is, more often than not, greatly overhyped.
March 6, 200917 yr Great player, I love him, but he needs to come back and work on more moves around the basket....Pump Fake. The Gamecocks ate him up, what will the pros do?
March 6, 200917 yr Great player, I love him, but he needs to come back and work on more moves around the basket....Pump Fake. The Gamecocks ate him up, what will the pros do? I agree Larry but I'm thinking he may not want to deal with all the crap from fans flying around any longer whether contrived or real. My son has a few classes with him and says he can tell it's taking a toll on PP
March 6, 200917 yr Personally, I think "coming back to work on your game" is made out to be a lot more than what it is. Obviously some players need to progress in their game before making the jump to the NBA, but a majority of them are evaluated upon potential. I just cannot forsee Patterson's NBA evaluation improving tremendously from one year to the next. He is what he is, a pretty skilled big man which is a little undersized that can block some shots and grab boards. Offensive game is good, but not great. There is a reason Psycho-T has remained where he is in the minds of NBA GMs since his Freshman year despite having successful years in college.
March 6, 200917 yr Personally, I think "coming back to work on your game" is made out to be a lot more than what it is. Obviously some players need to progress in their game before making the jump to the NBA, but a majority of them are evaluated upon potential. I just cannot forsee Patterson's NBA evaluation improving tremendously from one year to the next. He is what he is, a pretty skilled big man which is a little undersized that can block some shots and grab boards. Offensive game is good, but not great. There is a reason Psycho-T has remained where he is in the minds of NBA GMs since his Freshman year despite having successful years in college. :thumb:
March 6, 200917 yr Like several others have said his best bet would be to test the waters and find out what his status would be. If he is boarderline late 1st round or 2nd round I think he should come back, improve his shooting and ball handling some more and enjoy college another year. If hes a solid 1st round pick I can't really blame him for going and getting the guaranteed money.
March 6, 200917 yr I am not comparing the players but the view last year that Harrelson was coming in to give Patterson help and it is not there. We hear every offseason these all stars coming in and then they never pan out. I don't think we can form a honest opinion on any player this season due to how Billys rotations are. Make one mistake in the game outside of Patterson and Meeks and you set until Gillespie feels like putting you back in. That might be the same game or 3 or 4 games down the road. All we ever hear is this player is not available- I just wanna:puke:
March 6, 200917 yr Personally, I think "coming back to work on your game" is made out to be a lot more than what it is. Obviously some players need to progress in their game before making the jump to the NBA, but a majority of them are evaluated upon potential. I just cannot forsee Patterson's NBA evaluation improving tremendously from one year to the next. He is what he is, a pretty skilled big man which is a little undersized that can block some shots and grab boards. Offensive game is good, but not great. There is a reason Psycho-T has remained where he is in the minds of NBA GMs since his Freshman year despite having successful years in college. I agree, but IF he was limited by his foot injury early and his finger injury during the year his stock can go down based on how he performed. You would think that he would show in the summer that he's fully recovered. As someone else mentioned he'd be crazy not to declare to see where he stands.
March 6, 200917 yr I agree Larry but I'm thinking he may not want to deal with all the crap from fans flying around any longer whether contrived or real. My son has a few classes with him and says he can tell it's taking a toll on PP It may be taking less of a toll on Patrick Patterson than it is on his family!
March 6, 200917 yr I agree Larry but I'm thinking he may not want to deal with all the crap from fans flying around any longer whether contrived or real. My son has a few classes with him and says he can tell it's taking a toll on PP Good call.:thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.