March 6, 200917 yr He is very close with Meeks it seems. I would be surprised if they pass up one more year together. Of playing in the NIT????
March 6, 200917 yr Of playing in the NIT???? I don't predict the future but I said playing one more year. Take what we have and add Orton, Hood, Pilgrim and Miller with another year.. probably not a NIT team.
March 6, 200917 yr I don't predict the future but I said playing one more year. Take what we have and add Orton, Hood, Pilgrim and Miller with another year.. probably not a NIT team. That is what we heard in adding Miller, Liggins Harrelson and Galloway.
March 6, 200917 yr Of playing in the NIT???? Now way they are in the NIT next year with PPat and Meeks back. I know your just trying to spin it but if BCG can talk those 2 guys to still be in blue and white next year, its a different team. I'd love to see PPat play with Orton. And I also hope we can nab a late signing of a good PG.
March 6, 200917 yr That is what we heard in adding Miller, Liggins Harrelson and Galloway. Harrelson and Galloway I doubted all along. I really had "super high" expectations for Liggins though. Galloway has really impressed me and proved me wrong. I love what he bring in his game. Miller, I've gotten from him what I expected this season. He's got a game that is very similar to Erik Daniels, except with a little better outside shot. I expect a little more from this incoming class. Orton will be tough with Patterson and Miller.
March 6, 200917 yr That is what we heard in adding Miller, Liggins Harrelson and Galloway. Orton bearing injury will be an impact player. He is a big dude and has nice touch.
March 6, 200917 yr Now ay they are in the NIT next year with PPat andMeeks back. I know your just trying to spin it but if BCG can talk those 2 guys to still be in blue and white next year, its a different team. I'd love to see PPat play with Orton. And I also hope we can nab a late signing of a good PG. I truly thought when they went 5-0 they had turned the corner and would make a sweet 16 run. BCG has backed himself into a corner with stubbornest of only playing his m2m2. I have not even seen any variations on it. Very easy to prepare for UK both offensively and defensively and then because of his lack of options on the team, he cannot really make any in game adjustments. If you have never practiced any other defense, how you going to change into it during a game?
March 6, 200917 yr Orton bearing injury will be an impact player. He is a big dude and has nice touch. Last year, couldn't you have inserted Harrelson's name into that sentence? We keep hearing about what he is bringing in and then they do nothing or leave. Either he cannot coach them or they have been overrated.
March 6, 200917 yr Orton bearing injury will be an impact player. He is a big dude and has nice touch. Just not likely to be that guy right away. Have to remember he'll be knocking off a year of rust and a knee surgery...
March 6, 200917 yr Last year, couldn't you have inserted Harrelson's name into that sentence? We keep hearing about what he is bringing in and then they do nothing or leave. Orton is 6'10 260 and tears down back boards and has the touch of Morris... I have barely seen Harreslon dunk that is a crazy comparison.
March 6, 200917 yr Orton is 6'10 260 and tears down back boards and has the touch of Morris... I have barely seen Harreslon dunk that is a crazy comparison. Sounds a lot like Yancy Gates and Samardo Samuels. Both have been good but not great in year 1, and they weren't coming off a lost SR year....
March 6, 200917 yr Orton is 6'10 260 and tears down back boards and has the touch of Morris... I have barely seen Harreslon dunk that is a crazy comparison. I am not comparing the players but the view last year that Harrelson was coming in to give Patterson help and it is not there. We hear every offseason these all stars coming in and then they never pan out.
March 6, 200917 yr I truly thought when they went 5-0 they had turned the corner and would make a sweet 16 run. BCG has backed himself into a corner with stubbornest of only playing his m2m2. I have not even seen any variations on it. Very easy to prepare for UK both offensively and defensively and then because of his lack of options on the team, he cannot really make any in game adjustments. If you have never practiced any other defense, how you going to change into it during a game? I don't know. I know in high school (knowing college is a lot different) I played for a coach who was M2M only. We struggled against some teams and did good against other. UK's real problem isn't their defense, its their rebounding. UK is one and done on the offensive end and on the defensive end, well we know how that has gone this season, UGLY. So why play zone if your a bad rebounding team. I mean if your a good rebounding team then you could get away with it. But UK in a zone is an opponents wet dream.
March 6, 200917 yr Sounds a lot like Yancy Gates and Samardo Samuels. Both have been good but not great in year 1, and they weren't coming off a lost SR year.... He is coming off injury but has a lot of time to rehab. Just standing next to Patterson down low vs Stevenson his presence will be felt, if PP comes back.
March 6, 200917 yr I don't know. I know in high school (knowing college is a lot different) I played for a coach who was M2M only. We struggled against some teams and did good against other. UK's real problem isn't their defense. Its their rebounding. UK is one and done on the offensive end and on the defensive end, well we know how that has gone this season, UGLY. So why play zone if your a bad rebounding team. I mean if your a good rebounding team then you could get away with it. But UK in a zone is an opponents dream. Dude, rebounding is a part of defense. UK is not rebounding because the guards allow ball penetration to the middle of the lane and the post player has to rotate over to stop it and their mindset is to block the shot. I heard BCG say Monday night that he thinks it is wrong to flop and try to take a charge and he won't teach it. So instead they jump to try and block the shot and now they are out of rebounding position against their man because they had to stop guard penetration. Clog the lane with a zone and you don't have Patterson having to rotate to stop a guard.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.