Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson Going Pro?

Featured Replies

He is coming off injury but has a lot of time to rehab. Just standing next to Patterson down low vs Stevenson his presence will be felt, if PP comes back.

 

Rehab and game action are two different animals. I'm trying to lower expectations for your own sanity. He is not going to walk in and own the paint from day 1. Period...

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rehab and game action are two different animals. I'm trying to lower expectations for your own sanity. He is not going to walk in and own the paint from day 1. Period...

 

Dude, seriously, you are talking to UK fans.:D:ohbrother::lol::sssh::jump:

Dude, rebounding is a part of defense.

 

UK is not rebounding because the guards allow ball penetration to the middle of the lane and the post player has to rotate over to stop it and their mindset is to block the shot. I heard BCG say Monday night that he thinks it is wrong to flop and try to take a charge and he won't teach it.

 

So instead they jump to try and block the shot and now they are out of rebounding position against their man because they had to stop guard penetration.

 

Clog the lane with a zone and you don't have Patterson having to rotate to stop a guard.

 

I consider rebounding an offensive / defensive stat. If your team is getting offensive rebounds, that means your being aggressive. Your getting more opportunities and shots.

 

You don't think in a zone that those same guards will not be able to penetrate? Plus its not like UK defends against the 3 ball all that well. Teams light it up from behind the arc against UK.

Dude, seriously, you are talking to UK fans.:D:ohbrother::lol::sssh::jump:

I still try... :idunno:

I consider rebounding an offensive / defensive stat. If your team is getting offensive rebounds, that means your being aggressive. Your getting more opportunities and shots.

 

You don't think in a zone that those same guards will not be able to penetrate? Plus its not like UK defends against the 3 ball all that well. Teams light it up from behind the arc against UK.

 

There are movements and adjustments and different zones that you can employ to slow opponents down.

 

Tubby had that matchup 2-3 zone that would give the other team a different look and slow them down, breaking their mo. Wouldn't play it the whole game but in key stretches that broke their rhythm.

 

By only having one defense and what appears to be no variation on it, he has nothing from a coaching position to give his players and advantage.

 

It is either they outplay them or they lose. He has no coaching card to play.

 

Would you go into a game with only one offensive play to run??

Yet UK goes into the game with only one defensive play to run.

I don't think Orton will be an impact player off the bat, it may take him a year or so.. I do think Pilgrim will have more of an imediate impact. BTW, I have a question for GT, how much stock do you put in Marc Maggard?

BTW, I have a question for GT, how much stock do you put in Marc Maggard?

 

Marc is a friend, and I think he does a great job...

Rehab and game action are two different animals. I'm trying to lower expectations for your own sanity. He is not going to walk in and own the paint from day 1. Period...

 

All so very true. I just think physically he will be able to draw a good amount of fouls down low and grab a lot of boards. I hope he is complimenting Patterson and not being the featured guy like the last 2 UK centers had to be a frosh.

Just not likely to be that guy right away. Have to remember he'll be knocking off a year of rust and a knee surgery...

 

 

GT, I value your opinion greatly, so I would like to hear if you think Pilgrim will make a huge impact next year. Everything I've been able to find out tells me he will be better than Patterson. What is your feel on this?:thumb:

GT, I value your opinion greatly, so I would like to hear if you think Pilgrim will make a huge impact next year. Everything I've been able to find out tells me he will be better than Patterson. What is your feel on this?:thumb:
If Pilgrim has his head on straight, he will be a nice, much needed addition. No way he will better than Patterson.
GT, I value your opinion greatly, so I would like to hear if you think Pilgrim will make a huge impact next year. Everything I've been able to find out tells me he will be better than Patterson. What is your feel on this?:thumb:

 

GT thinks he could be great or terrible. He has potential, but that hasn't always translated to the court.

 

Is that about right GT? :lol:

I love Tubby as a coach but can't miss this opportunity.

 

If he decides to come back, Tubby probably still has some faxes in his briefcase that can be used.:p:cool::lol::jump::D:clap::sssh::banana:

 

:laugh::lol:

Pat will wait until after the season, see where he is projected to go and then make an informed decision. He is a smart kid.

GT thinks he could be great or terrible. He has potential, but that hasn't always translated to the court.

 

Is that about right GT? :lol:

 

That about covers it... :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.