Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU vs UK Predictions 2/28

Who wins? 72 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I believe LSU has clinched at least a tie already. I agree that there will be a sense of urgency on UK's part, but I don't know if that's enough to overcome the Tigers. I feel Meeks will have an extremely tough time getting his shots because he will no doubt have who many feel is the SEC's best defender on him. UK will definitely need Miller to step up in this game like he did against UT.

 

Agreed. I expect LSU to put Temple on Meeks and that is going to be a tough match-up for Jodie.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have to go back and look, but I would think that the North Carolina, and the UofL game would be the only two games where more people picked the opponent to win over Kentucky.

 

I didn't mean you personally.

 

But after Kentucky lost to Mississippi State, many people suspected Florida to win (based on the polls). After they beat the Gators, many expected Kentucky to beat Vanderbilt. After they lost to Vanderbilt, many suspected Kentucky may lose to Tennessee. After they beat Tennessee, many expected Kentucky would beat South Carolina. After they lost to South Carolina, many suspected that they would lose to LSU.

I didn't mean you personally.

 

But after Kentucky lost to Mississippi State, many people suspected Florida to win (based on the polls). After they beat the Gators, many expected Kentucky to beat Vanderbilt. After they lost to Vanderbilt, many suspected Kentucky may lose to Tennessee. After they beat Tennessee, many expected Kentucky would beat South Carolina. After they lost to South Carolina, many suspected that they would lose to LSU.

 

 

I realize you weren't talking about me. I thought you were saying that more people picked the opponent to win than they picked UK to win. I could only think of two cases where that might have been true.

Depends on which team shows up. If the better UK team shows up, they'll lose by about 9, if last night's team shows up, 15+

LSU by 15.

I'm not ready to predict a UK win, but I think the game will be close.

 

I agree with mobaar. There has been a mild overreaction to the USC loss, as usual.

 

I don't think UK will get trounced at home. I don't think anyone in the conference is all that great. Maybe I'm underestimating LSU...maybe they're much better than the rest of the conference and belong with the big boys.

 

I think this one will be anybody's game down the stretch and whoever wants it the most and makes the plays will get the W.

 

UK needs to take care of business against Georgia, and get at least one W in the LSU and Florida matchups to solidify their standing in the big dance. This is a huge game for Kentucky. Huge.

I'd have to go back and look, but I would think that the North Carolina, and the UofL game would be the only two games where more people picked the opponent to win over Kentucky.

 

I'd be curious to see if the voting results vary after losses compared to after wins. :D

I am done picking what this team is going to do. Here is my thing if they win 2 out of the last 3 they will still have gone 4-6 in the last 10 games of the season. Isn't that one of the big factors that is looked at by the committee? Lose 2 of the last 3 and I think it is curtains unless you win the SEC. Winning the SEC is something I do not know if this team can do. Winning what might be 4 games in 4 days , with no room for error, would be hard for them to do IMO.

Must win for the Cats.

 

I like how the predictions go. After Kentucky wins, the next prediction thread always has them as the favorite.

 

When the 'Cats lose, the next prediction thread always has the opposite team winning.

 

Kentucky 69-62

 

I agree with you on this point. I think it has been like that for sometime.

I am done picking what this team is going to do. Here is my thing if they win 2 out of the last 3 they will still have gone 4-6 in the last 10 games of the season. Isn't that one of the big factors that is looked at by the committee? Lose 2 of the last 3 and I think it is curtains unless you win the SEC. Winning the SEC is something I do not know if this team can do. Winning what might be 4 games in 4 days , with no room for error, would be hard for them to do IMO.
I believe now it is more about the last 12 games instead of 10. But in essence, you are correct.
This is a must win for the Cats.

UK 70-68.

 

i disagree. i think they have to win 2 of the last 3...

 

At this point, I'm going to assume that Georgia is a W...it should be.

 

So, a loss vs. LSU simply makes the game @ Florida a must win.

 

Hypothetically speaking here, suppose UK will beat Georgia and they will split with LSU and Florida. Which would it benefit UK more to beat?

 

Suppose we beat LSU and Georgia and lost to Florida. Assuming they don't lose any other games, Florida would end up in 2nd place in the SEC East. However, if we lost to LSU and beat Florida, that would assure us 2nd place in the east and a first round bye in the SEC tourny.

 

Which scenario would be better for Kentucky and its post-season chances?

 

Any guesses?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.