February 11, 200917 yr I thought going in that this one was a MUST win for the Cats. This team found a way to rebound from Patterson going down and "gutted" out a win. Meeks sticks one when he had to, I made the statement with around 3:00 left that Meeks was going to have to "suck it up" from a rough night and take this game over. Great won by U.K.. I was also really impressed with Galloway tonight. U.K. had others beside Meeks and Patterson step up tonight, that may have been the best sign of all for the Cats tonight. Hopefully this game gave some of the others the confidence that is needed if this team is to do anything.I thought that Donovan came in with a great defensive game plan, he obvioulsly has watched the last two or three films ans hoiw people have adjusted to Meeks and Patterson. Difference was, this time we had others step up. Calathes may very well win SEC/POY but man am I glad that he choked. I also was ready to throw a nerf brick (I have a new flat screen/LCD/HD so I am not throwing any real ones at it :eek:)at the t.v. if J.D would had said Calathes came focused tonight one more time:irked:. Hey Jimmy, I think that we got that the first 50 times you said it!
February 11, 200917 yr Well in the one head to head, thus far this year, Calethes was markedly better, we'll see in game two. For about 39 1/2 minutes.
February 11, 200917 yr I don't know if Donovan talking to the refs delaying the free throws helped Calathes out. He looked like he was sure thinking about the free throws standing over by the bench. Sure worked out for UK though.
February 11, 200917 yr ^ I really am amazed that he is allowed to call a big time college basketball game on the marquee sports channel in America.
February 11, 200917 yr Galloway must have practiced pretty hard over the last 6 days. I mean, did he all of a sudden just get good or what? He was a difference make tonight and one of the few players that show any toughness at all. Why hasn't he been playing all season?
February 11, 200917 yr One game? You obviously haven't paid much attention to Florida this year. He had a triple double a couple weeks ago, and is averaging 18.1 pts., 6.4 asts., and 5.3 rbs. a game. He does it all. Not to mention he's an actual leader on the floor. Patterson averages 18 and 9. Downey averages 20 pts, 2 boards and 4 assists. Meeks averages 25 pts 3 boards and 2 assists. Huertas averages 19, 4, and 2...The list goes on. Calathes has nice numbers but you make it sound like he is the only person that can play in this league.
February 11, 200917 yr UK just locked themselves in the NCAA tourney. Not yet imo. That is a heck of a line for a guy coming off the bench!:thumb: I would be 100% content with Galloway starting over Porter. Assuming Patterson is ok he could be the spark. He had what 7 assist tonight and 4-6 points. :thumb::thumb: I believe that he deserves a shot.
February 11, 200917 yr Well in the one head to head, thus far this year, Calethes was markedly better, we'll see in game two. Meeks was better down the stretch and UK got the win. I'll take it.
February 11, 200917 yr What a shot! Hand all in his face, just a clutch shot! Great win for the Cats!
February 11, 200917 yr They have 17 wins. They only need 3 more. They will get 3 more. Plus $$$ talks. I don't know if they will get 3 more, or not. Here is their remaining schedule. Home- UT, LSU, Georgia Away- Arkanas, Vandy, Florida, South Carolina Are there three wins in those games? I'm not so sure.
February 11, 200917 yr I don't know if they will get 3 more, or not. Here is their remaining schedule. Home- UT, LSU, Georgia Away- Arkanas, Vandy, Florida, South Carolina Are there three wins in those games? I'm not so sure. Absolutely if PP is playing.
February 11, 200917 yr I don't know if they will get 3 more, or not. Here is their remaining schedule. Home- UT, LSU, Georgia Away- Arkanas, Vandy, Florida, South Carolina Are there three wins in those games? I'm not so sure. I think UT, Georgia, Vandy, and Arkansas are locks.
February 11, 200917 yr I don't know if they will get 3 more, or not. Here is their remaining schedule. Home- UT, LSU, Georgia Away- Arkanas, Vandy, Florida, South Carolina Are there three wins in those games? I'm not so sure. If UK cant go at least 3-4 in the last 7 they dont need to be in the tourny. I think they can get them espically if PP is playing.
February 11, 200917 yr I think UT, Georgia, Vandy, and Arkansas are locks. Nothing is a lock with this UK team IMO
February 11, 200917 yr I think UT, Georgia, Vandy, and Arkansas are locks. I think Georgia is the only lock.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.