Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 68 Florida 65

Featured Replies

Some thoughts:

 

* Very nice showing from Galloway & Harrellson. I've long thought that Harrellson should get 12-15 minutes a game, for the simple fact that he seems to be able to put the ball in the hole. As for Galloway, I was extremely impressed, but I would be hesitant to anoint him as a starter. One good game does not a point guard make.

 

* Nice to see Michael Porter hit some big 3's. We'd all be talking about that today if he would have had 4 assists & 1 turnover, as opposed to what he actually had: 1 assist & 4 turnovers.

 

* Nick Calathes is the best player in the SEC, IMO. But he choked BIG-TIME tonight! You could see it on his face in the huddle before the shots that he didn't want to be there.

 

* Why on earth did we keep switching when Harrellson's man picked for Calathes, leaving our biggest, slowest guy guarding their point guard, playmaker, and best player?

 

* More than any other player in recent years, Perry Stevenson is the most polarizing. Many times I want to hug the kid--getting garbage baskets, big rebounds/blocks. Other times I want to send him on the next bus back to Louisiana--playing soft, shooting stupid 3's, etc.

 

* Darius Miller hit two really big free throws.

 

* Lady Luck was with the Cats tonight, as the LHL pointed out in their coverage. Finally, Lady Luck was with us tonight.

 

* Anybody who thinks UK is a lock needs a dose of reality. We won tonight, and I'm happy about it. But after the game was over, I had this feeling that the better team did not win. Even if we get to 20 wins, I don't see us getting in. I think UK has to go 5-2 the rest of the way. If we go 4-3, we have to win two in the SEC tourney. We are FAR from a lock.

  • Replies 178
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I though the last foul on UK was garbage. The contact was minimal and after the shot was away...you don't bail a team out from 30 feet with 0.6 seconds to play. If that was a foul, then Meeks got fouled on his shot as well because the defender made contact with his arm on the release...very minimal contact.

 

Neither should have been called and I didn't like the call against UK at all in that situation.

 

JMO

I though the last foul on UK was garbage. The contact was minimal and after the shot was away...you don't bail a team out from 30 feet with 0.6 seconds to play. If that was a foul, then Meeks got fouled on his shot as well because the defender made contact with his arm on the release...very minimal contact.

 

Neither should have been called and I didn't like the call against UK at all in that situation.

 

JMO

 

TOTALLY agree! I replayed both plays and fouls could have been called on both. But to call it on one and not the other is ridiculous.

All I can say is someone lost their Game Face:puke: with .06 left on the clock. Good win for the Cats. :clap:

To his defense this time the UK band was right in front of him playing pretty loudly, so I thought he honestly didn't hear her.

 

 

Then why not tell her from the get to that he can't hear her, instead of making her ask the entire question. I have no doubt that he heard the question.

TOTALLY agree! I replayed both plays and fouls could have been called on both. But to call it on one and not the other is ridiculous.

 

Calathes sold the foul to the officials, something he is apparently good at, and Meeks did not. Calathes reminded me of some of the great Duke thespians last night, although I like the way he plays.

I think not only Gallaway but Harrellson needs more clock. He can score.

Everyone says it's due to his effort in practice.

 

Personally, I'm with Iverson on this issue. BCG puts too much weight in PT on how a practice session goes. Well, some guys are not the greatest practice people in the world (maybe they find it boring), but they bring it on game night, and that's what matters most imo.

 

"Practice...practice... practice, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice....not a game , we talking about practice."

Rupp was rocking at times tonight, loudest I've heard it this year by far. BCG's post game comments spoke well of it.

 

I attended the game last night and that was the loudest I think I've heard it since the UNC game a few years ago when Prince hit the three from nearly half court.. The game last night is the best UK game I've ever watched in person at Rupp...

The funny thing is in those last 3 games coming into last night where Meeks fell behind his ppg were more in those games than Calathes has had for the year. So in Meeks "bad" games he's averaging more a game than the great one. Meeks is the player of the year in the conference and he isn't the best player on his team.

 

You would have a legit arguement here if points were the only thing that determined the better player....But it's not, so....

You would have a legit arguement here if points were the only thing that determined the better player....But it's not, so....

 

Where did I mention who the better player was? Oh I didn't that's right. I even mentioned that Meeks wasn't the best player on his team. I think Meeks is better than Calathes, will win the player of the year in the conference, and will be the better pro.

 

Now I mentioned who was better....thanks

I scalped a couple of uppers for 20 a piece 10 min before the game, spotted two seats 5 rows up from the florida bench and moved down at halftime! What a game! Having Patterson not in there in the end and still being able to pull off this win will do wonders for the rest of the players not named Meeks or Patterson's game. Im excited to see how we'll do down at Arkansas on Saturday!

You would have a legit arguement here if points were the only thing that determined the better player....But it's not, so....

What determines the better player then?? Points? Rebounds? Assists?? A combination of the three?

What determines the better player then?? Points? Rebounds? Assists?? A combination of the three?

 

I can tell you with certainty that it isn't just one of the three. It's a combinaion of every aspect of the player's game. That includes defense, rebounding, scoring, passing, ball handling, and leadership IMO. Calathes is good at all of them. Meeks struggles with a couple IMO.

Where did I mention who the better player was? Oh I didn't that's right. I even mentioned that Meeks wasn't the best player on his team. I think Meeks is better than Calathes, will win the player of the year in the conference, and will be the better pro.

 

Now I mentioned who was better....thanks

 

Look at their combined numbers and tell me how in the world you can say Meeks is better than Calathes?

 

There is absolutely no way Meeks will be better in the NBA than Nick. Calathes is a 6'6" PG who can shoot, handle, and distribute. Meeks is a very small 2G, who can't handle it well enough to play the position as of now, and is questionable at best getting his teammates involved.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.