Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 68 Florida 65

Featured Replies

I think Meeks and Downey (happy GT?) are the only guys that can be considered outside of Calathes. The fact that when I bring it up, it causes such an uproar only reenforces my opinion that he his in fact the best.

 

A legit argument could be made for any of the three.

  • Replies 178
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I really am amazed that he is allowed to call a big time college basketball game on the marquee sports channel in America.

 

By your comments I am not sure how familiar you are with pressure like that. It is always best to go right to the situation and take it on, you start thinking about it and your screwed. Very similair to Tubby asking Sparks what he got for Christmas years ago during his wait on free throws. Nick was just standing on an island waiting too shoot.

I don't know if Donovan talking to the refs delaying the free throws helped Calathes out. He looked like he was sure thinking about the free throws standing over by the bench. Sure worked out for UK though.

I automatically thought that he did the right thing though, because if I were him I'd be arguing to the refs to review the tape and put an extra .4 on the clock to make it an even 1 second, because as the whistle blew and Calathes was fouled, .4 went of the clock.

By your comments I am not sure how familiar you are with pressure like that. It is always best to go right to the situation and take it on, you start thinking about it and your screwed. Very similair to Tubby asking Sparks what he got for Christmas years ago during his wait on free throws. Nick was just standing on an island waiting too shoot.

 

RP was referring to oldrambler's comment about announcer Jimmy Dykes in the post you are quoting, to clear up any confusion

A legit argument could be made for any of the three.

 

I agree.

Meeks isn't a complete player he rarely plays with a team attitude in my opinion. Tonight he did and I've said all year when he does UK can be great but he doesn't. Look at the Ole Miss, South Carolina, Miss. State games. He took a ton of shots missed most of them and had very few assists all losses.

 

Here you go: vs Ole Miss- 4-15 FG 1 assist

vs SC- 5-11 FG 2 assists

vs Miss. St. 4-15 FG

vs Florida 7-19 FG 1 assist

So as you can see, you have no point with this comment.

It doesn't cause an uproar at all. My opinion is that your opinion is wrong so I stated why. How is that an uproar and how do the facts I posted reinforce your point?

 

When I stated it in another thread, my post was quoted 3 or 4 times with a :laugh: or a :lol: so it seems fairly obvious that people thought it was pretty out there.

I automatically thought that he did the right thing though, because if I were him I'd be arguing to the refs to review the tape and put an extra .4 on the clock to make it an even 1 second, because as the whistle blew and Calathes was fouled, .4 went of the clock.

 

I just disagree. Too me it was like the opposing coach calling a time out right as the ball was being kicked. You could look at Calathes and tell he was rattled. He played a heck of a game though. Sometimes thats how it goes.

deleted by oldrambler

Edited by oldrambler
reconsidered post

I think Josh Harrellson played one heck of a game. After Pat went out, he really stepped up and made some contested under the basket shots for us. Great game.

I just saw on SportsCenter, that AFTER the win, UK is projected as an 11 seed with a 40% chance to make the tournament.

RP was referring to oldrambler's comment about announcer Jimmy Dykes in the post you are quoting, to clear up any confusion

 

Thanks for clearing that up lol. I was confused I mean he has two rings and used to work with Pitino. Thought working with Pitino was a win win with the UL crowd. :thumb:

Galloway must have practiced pretty hard over the last 6 days. I mean, did he all of a sudden just get good or what? He was a difference make tonight and one of the few players that show any toughness at all. Why hasn't he been playing all season?

 

BCG has stated in the past that he goes on who plays and hustles in practice going into each game to determine playing time. I like that theory in one way bc I have always said ...you bust your butt in practice, you desrve pt in the game. I also think that we need to put a more constent lineup on the floor for longer periods of time so 5 guys can get used to and in sync with one another in a game type scenerio. :idunno:

BCG obvioulsly know more basketball than I ever will so I'll trust him on his decisions.:D

I just saw on SportsCenter, that AFTER the win, UK is projected as an 11 seed with a 40% chance to make the tournament.

 

:lol: At the bottom of the screen it said in big letters that those projections were going into the game Tuesday night....

Thanks for clearing that up lol. I was confused I mean he has two rings and used to work with Pitino. Thought working with Pitino was a win win with the UL crowd. :thumb:

 

:lol::thumb: I thought that's what he was quoting but with it being directly under yours I wasn't sure. Looking back there were around three post at the exact same time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.