February 13, 200917 yr I'm shocked that so many people feel that scoring is the only aspect of a game. Simply amazing. Again, where did I mention that it's the only aspect of the game? I'm pointing out that for a player to "play horrible" and still average 19 a contest he is really good.
February 13, 200917 yr You don't think that 3 game streak was tanking it a bit? A bit, but they are tied for the East lead still right?
February 13, 200917 yr Again, where did I mention that it's the only aspect of the game? I'm pointing out that for a player to "play horrible" and still average 19 a contest he is really good. Except for the fact that he forced a ton of shots, didn't play any team ball, and was beaten numerous times off the bounce on D, which apparently he's supposed to be so great at. Heck, I could go out there and score 19 points, but I'm sure people wouldn't say I played well.
February 13, 200917 yr Steve Nash is a bit faster than your boy, or a ton faster. He's also so brutally bad at defense that it's laughable. He benefited greatly in a gimmic system. He was pretty good in Dallas, but not good enough that they didn't let him walk. He is also nowhere near 6'5" and plays a completely different style. I'll go out on a limb and say that Calathes never approaches anything similar to Nash's level in the NBA. White American guards don't translate that well into the NBA lately that is a fact. Edited February 13, 200917 yr by bugatti
February 13, 200917 yr Except for the fact that he forced a ton of shots, didn't play any team ball, and was beaten numerous times off the bounce on D, which apparently he's supposed to be so great at. Heck, I could go out there and score 19 points, but I'm sure people wouldn't say I played well. He has to force shots. Nobody else is capable of shooting and for 2 games they were left wide open and they were afraid to shoot. I'm glad he forced shots.
February 13, 200917 yr Steve Nash is a bit faster than your boy, or a ton faster. He's also so brutally bad at defense that it's laughable. He benefited greatly in a gimmic system. He was pretty good in Dallas, but not gooe enough that they didn't let him walk. He is also nowhere near 6'5" and plays a completely different style. I'll go out on a limb and say that Calathes never approaches anything similar to Nash's level in the NBA. White American guards don't translate that well into the NBA lately that is a fact. So why can't he? Just because they haven't in the past doesn't mean he can't. I mean 6'8" point forwards weren't a factor in the NBA forever, then guys like LeBron and Kobe came around and changed that. Calathes is a heck of an all around player, and he will be extremely successful. BTW, he's every bit as fast as Nash.
February 13, 200917 yr UKMF, your reaching brother... Calathes is a college player no doubt, but I don't see him doing anything in the NBA. I really think both Meeks and Calathes won't do much in the pro's, but I think Meeks has the better chance. He can create so much better and he's a whole lot quicker than Calathes, IMO. I also think Meeks (with another year in college) can be a good NBA point guard (he'd have to improve his left hand a lot though). Edited February 13, 200917 yr by bugatti
February 13, 200917 yr So why can't he? Just because they haven't in the past doesn't mean he can't. I mean 6'8" point forwards weren't a factor in the NBA forever, then guys like LeBron and Kobe came around and changed that. Calathes is a heck of an all around player, and he will be extremely successful. BTW, he's every bit as fast as Nash. What was Scotty Pippen? Lebron is once in a lifetime and Durant is 100 times more of a player and athlete than Calathes. I'll take my chances that past history repeats itself and you can take the chance that Nick Calathes is going to be the one to change history. By the way no he isn't and he also isn't nearly the ball handler.
February 13, 200917 yr So why can't he? Just because they haven't in the past doesn't mean he can't. I mean 6'8" point forwards weren't a factor in the NBA forever, then guys like LeBron and Kobe came around and changed that. Calathes is a heck of an all around player, and he will be extremely successful. BTW, he's every bit as fast as Nash. No way, what NBA are you watching?!:lol:
February 13, 200917 yr What was Scotty Pippen? Lebron is once in a lifetime and Durant is 100 times more of a player and athlete than Calathes. I'll take my chances that past history repeats itself and you can take the chance that Nick Calathes is going to be the one to change history. By the way no he isn't and he also isn't nearly the ball handler. :lol: You're comparing Jodie Meeks to Kevin Durant....Hold on while I pick myself off the floor from laughing. It may take awhile. :lol:
February 13, 200917 yr :lol: You're comparing Jodie Meeks to Kevin Durant....Hold on while I pick myself off the floor from laughing. It may take awhile. :lol: Quit putting words in my mouth. I was mentioning a point forward b/c you brought it up. Backpedalling are you?
February 13, 200917 yr :lol: You're comparing Jodie Meeks to Kevin Durant....Hold on while I pick myself off the floor from laughing. It may take awhile. :lol: Wow...No he's not. :lol:
February 13, 200917 yr UKMF is your goal to convince everyone that it is Calathes? You have your opinion, others have theirs, time to move on from this one.
February 13, 200917 yr This thread has run its course. Feel free to discuss Calathes/Meeks in the other thread.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.