February 11, 200917 yr I can tell you with certainty that it isn't just one of the three. It's a combinaion of every aspect of the player's game. That includes defense, rebounding, scoring, passing, ball handling, and leadership IMO. Calathes is good at all of them. Meeks struggles with a couple IMO. Ill take Patterson.
February 11, 200917 yr Ill take Patterson. I'd take Patterson over Meeks as well. :thumb: The problem with Patterson over Calathes is his shooting and ball handling are very weak IMO. Calathes isn't the same level of rebounder or defensive player that Pat is, but he's definitely well above average for a guard IMO.
February 11, 200917 yr Have you ever heard Phil Jackson or Popovich get interviewd between quarters? They are 10 time worse than BCG. It's dumb to talk to a coach during the game. Are they really suppesed to tell you what they are going to do to stop a player or how they are going to get a guy open? I think it's great the way he answers those questions. Why not talk to Donovan there? It wasn't his nebulous answers. It was his lack of civility and his lack of caring that ESPN is important to the coffers of the athletics dept at UK. Its his duty to take questions however poor they are and provide a short answer. I do know that UK admin is not happy with these two incidents and BCG will hear about it internally.
February 11, 200917 yr My wife thought something was wrong with me when she heard me react to this one:
February 11, 200917 yr It wasn't his nebulous answers. It was his lack of civility and his lack of caring that ESPN is important to the coffers of the athletics dept at UK. Its his duty to take questions however poor they are and provide a short answer. I do know that UK admin is not happy with these two incidents and BCG will hear about it internally. I agree with you totally! I did hear yesterday that Billy Clyde and Jeannine Edwards do have a little history and it was told to me that he has expressed interested in her and she politely declined. I think the connection has something to do with horse racing. This might explain his difficult attitude towards her.
February 11, 200917 yr It wasn't his nebulous answers. It was his lack of civility and his lack of caring that ESPN is important to the coffers of the athletics dept at UK. Its his duty to take questions however poor they are and provide a short answer. I do know that UK admin is not happy with these two incidents and BCG will hear about it internally. Basically you want him to just put on a happy face? To me that isn't him so who cares? How does Huggs handle it? How would Bob Knight handle it? Last night he honestly might not have heard her. If they think he's a bad interview talk to Donovan at the half.
February 12, 200917 yr I though the last foul on UK was garbage. The contact was minimal and after the shot was away...you don't bail a team out from 30 feet with 0.6 seconds to play. If that was a foul, then Meeks got fouled on his shot as well because the defender made contact with his arm on the release...very minimal contact. Neither should have been called and I didn't like the call against UK at all in that situation. JMO I said the same thing myself. Whatever happened to homefield advantage. And another thing. Walter Hodge barely nudges Stevenson and he gets thrown out of the game. Christian Laetner caves Aminu Timberlake's chest in and he barely gets a foul called on him. What's wrong with this picture.
February 12, 200917 yr Meeks is the player of the year in the conference and he isn't the best player on his team. Don't be surprised if he doesn't win it....
February 12, 200917 yr Agreed; reluctantly. Hate saying that when the team we're referring to is UK. :thumb::lol: I kind of hated myself when typing it!
February 12, 200917 yr Don't be surprised if he doesn't win it.... I won't be surprised, but he's the favorite right now. If they don't go in the tank I would guess he wins it.
February 13, 200917 yr I won't be surprised, but he's the favorite right now. If they don't go in the tank I would guess he wins it. You don't think that 3 game streak was tanking it a bit?
February 13, 200917 yr You don't think that 3 game streak was tanking it a bit? Calathes has been more consistent IMO. Meeks played awful during that 3 game stretch.
February 13, 200917 yr Calathes has been more consistent IMO. Meeks played awful during that 3 game stretch. He scored 19 a game.
February 13, 200917 yr He scored 19 a game. I'm shocked that so many people feel that scoring is the only aspect of a game. Simply amazing.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.