February 11, 200917 yr I want to say this.....a 3 at the buzzer is way less clutch, than trying to hit 3 ft's with 22K screaming.... One is reactionary, the other lets you think way too much. It all depends on who is shooting.
February 11, 200917 yr I want to say this.....a 3 at the buzzer is way less clutch, than trying to hit 3 ft's with 22K screaming.... One is reactionary, the other lets you think way too much. UK was down six with two minutes to play and Meeks hit back to back tough shots to make it a one point game. Does that count at all?
February 11, 200917 yr Meeks isn't a complete player he rarely plays with a team attitude in my opinion. Tonight he did and I've said all year when he does UK can be great but he doesn't. Look at the Ole Miss, South Carolina, Miss. State games. He took a ton of shots missed most of them and had very few assists all losses. I don't think Meeks is near as good as most people like to make him out to be, but it's hard to argue with his numbers this year. None of those guys you mentioned are as talented as him or Calathes outside of maybe Downey.
February 11, 200917 yr None of those guys with the exception of Downey are even close to Calathes and Meeks. Meeks stepped it up at the end, but Calathes is by far the more complete player. More complete doesn't always mean better.
February 11, 200917 yr I don't think Meeks is near as good as most people like to make him out to be, but it's hard to argue with his numbers this year. None of those guys you mentioned are as talented as him or Calathes outside of maybe Downey. MAYBE!!!!
February 11, 200917 yr More complete doesn't always mean better. Not always, but when they can score the way Calathes can while still putting up the other numbers, I think it does.
February 11, 200917 yr For about 6 minutes of clutch play, we had Miller (Frosh), Liggins (Frosh), Galloway (1st year with UK), Harrelson (1st year with UK) and Meeks...and they played outstanding!
February 11, 200917 yr Personally I would like to see 3 guards (Meeks, Porter, and Galloway) Per ESPN Galloway had 6 points , 9 assists, and 8 rebounds. That is a heck of a line for a guy coming off the bench!
February 11, 200917 yr MAYBE!!!! I admit I've only seen SC play 3 maybe 4 times this year, so I haven't had much of a chance to watch him.
February 11, 200917 yr Well in the one head to head, thus far this year, Calethes was markedly better, we'll see in game two.
February 11, 200917 yr Betting FLA +4.5, this is the best thing that could have happened! :clap::clap:
February 11, 200917 yr Betting FLA +4.5, this is the best thing that could have happened! In the C-J this morning they said UK was a 4 point favorite....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.