Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 68 Louisville 51

Featured Replies

My two cents on this....Louisville flat out got intimidated....Thabeet and Adrian got in their heads and it was over from there. Louisville also didn't attack Thabeet smartly, trying to lob balls over his head towards the basket.....you have to get into his body to be effective.....when they play again, I look for Jennings to be really, really physical with him, and that will certainly pose a difference. Also, Louisville has to shoot the ball moderately well, simply so they can apply an effective pressure defense.

 

U of L is likely disappointed and should be....but they can learn a ton from this game, and I expect another long run of wins starting now.

 

Louisville didn't get intimidated. T-Will had a great game and Earl Clark was the worst player on the floor. 2-16 is absolutely dreadful.

 

I like Earl Clark's game; however, his game is not out at the 3 point line. The guy is an NBA talent and he needs to realize what his strengths are and what they are not. Anybody who watches UL knows that Clark's biggest strength is not his outside shot...yet he refuses to realize it.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Louisville didn't get intimidated. T-Will had a great game and Earl Clark was the worst player on the floor. 2-16 is absolutely dreadful.

 

I like Earl Clark's game; however, his game is not out at the 3 point line. The guy is an NBA talent and he needs to realize what his strengths are and what they are not. Anybody who watches UL knows that Clark's biggest strength is not his outside shot...yet he refuses to realize it.

Yeah, Clark continues to be the most perplexing player of the UL bunch. Before people put words in my mouth, I am not saying he is as good as Kevin Garnett, but he is similar in the sense that he is a low post player that tries to play as a guard. For as good as he is, he can take himself out of a game.

 

The outmanned at 4 positions part best summarizes this game.

UCONN did not break the press they attacked the press. They are very good and deserve to be #1.

Bad night. Onward and upward.

 

I'm a U of L fan, but I have not yet heard Pitino take some blame for refusing to drive inside on Thabeet early. Draw some fouls from him. Samardo looked like a child, Jennings deserves to start and I'd like to see him in that role.

 

Jerry Smith was terrible. Complaining. Intimidated. He needs to sit and we'll see whether he responds or sulks. Knowles has never started, so lets see what he can do.

 

Earl had a bad game. Would not attack the boards, most of their defensive rebounds were uncontested.

 

Its quite simple. U of L either decides they can be a Top 8 team, or they will settle for being a Top 16. Right now they are secon tier.

Bad night. Onward and upward.

 

I'm a U of L fan, but I have not yet heard Pitino take some blame for refusing to drive inside on Thabeet early. Draw some fouls from him. Samardo looked like a child, Jennings deserves to start and I'd like to see him in that role.

 

Jerry Smith was terrible. Complaining. Intimidated. He needs to sit and we'll see whether he responds or sulks. Knowles has never started, so lets see what he can do.

 

Earl had a bad game. Would not attack the boards, most of their defensive rebounds were uncontested.

 

Its quite simple. U of L either decides they can be a Top 8 team, or they will settle for being a Top 16. Right now they are secon tier.

 

Earl was afraid to go inside, or at least it appeared that way. His worse rebounding performance in a long time.

 

Knowles has started one game this year, I think it was the WKU game.:ohbrother:

 

I think UofL is a top 8 team, just not a top two. I still think it's UNC/Uconn and everyone else. Duke, Wake, Pitt, OU, etc. are in the same league as UofL to me.

Ouch, Yuck and WOW is about all I can say. :eek::eek::eek:

 

I knew it was a good possiblity UL would get beat but not like that!

 

I am looking for Deuce...he probably needs a hug at the moment. :lol::lol:

 

Also..Dicky V about wore me out last night. I get a kick out of him at times but last night was not one of those times.

Earl was afraid to go inside, or at least it appeared that way. His worse rebounding performance in a long time.

 

Knowles has started one game this year, I think it was the WKU game.:ohbrother:

 

I think UofL is a top 8 team, just not a top two. I still think it's UNC/Uconn and everyone else. Duke, Wake, Pitt, OU, etc. are in the same league as UofL to me.

 

Louisville is not in that second group yet IMO. Before last night I would have said yes, but not right now.

Louisville is not in that second group yet IMO. Before last night I would have said yes, but not right now.

 

They dropped some early games, but until last night they've been playing as well as anyone. They're still a legit top 10 team most nights.

They dropped some early games, but until last night they've been playing as well as anyone. They're still a legit top 10 team most nights.

 

I agree, but they have been too inconsistent throughout the year to be with Wake, Duke, Pitt, and OU just yet. I'm fairly sure they will be by the dance though.

It is time that Jerry Smith sits. He can't or won't play any defense and he is useless if he isn't hitting the three. Knowles provides defense and can hit an occassional three pointer. Knowles' positives far outweigh Smith's many negatives.

I agree, but they have been too inconsistent throughout the year to be with Wake, Duke, Pitt, and OU just yet. I'm fairly sure they will be by the dance though.

 

UofL is every bit as good as these teams, and have already proved it once. I think they played a bad game last night, against a better team. It' that simple.

 

I do agree that they were inconsistent early in the season. But they were 9-0 in January with wins against 4 ranked teams and two NCAA tournament caliber rivals (WVU, UK). One bad loss, to a good team, doesn't negate that.

U of L got beat by the best team in the nation...right now...in early February. Still a lot of hoops to be played...

UConn played great and UL stunk. The Cards did not compete. That was the most disappointing thing to me. If you saw Calhoun's exit interview after the game, he was as happy as I've ever seen the guy. He knew his team played great. All denials aside, UConn wanted this game and they sure got it. UL/Pitino will learn from this game. The difference between these teams is not as great as the game would indicate. But UL can't be a bunch of Alice's or Nancy's out there.

UofL didn't lose this game because of guard play, they lost it because of awful showings by everyone except you know who and it was also one of the worst coached games by Pitino I've ever seen. I saw zero adjustments by any of the players and his lineups were awful.

U of L got beat by the best team in the nation...right now...in early February. Still a lot of hoops to be played...

 

That may have made more sense that anything I"ve heard in at least 2 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.