Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 68 Louisville 51

Featured Replies

Agreed. Some nights, Sosa can be an excellent player, but he is way, way, way too streaky.

 

I hope Knowles develops into a good player in the next few years. Think he can?

And some nights Knowles changes a game with his energy.

 

And some nights Smith is hot from 3.

 

And some nights McGee is a great leader.

 

They simply need the guards to step up and do those things more consistently. If they get there, watch out. If not March is going to be a frustrating task...

  • Replies 102
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, UK fans are usually worse.

 

Don't be so hard on yourselves. Any time there is a cheap shot to be thrown both teams are going to throw it.

 

 

As far as the game goes, there is no shame going down to #1 with talent that's 7'3. Not much you can do with that.

  • Author

GT, what do you think about Knowles future at UL?

GT, what do you think about Knowles future at UL?

I REALLY like how he is progressing. I'd take him off my bench with the chance to be an impact player for two more years any day...

Don't be so hard on yourselves.

 

I like UK, but don't lump me in with the crazies!

 

GT is dead on with the UL inconsistency. Outside of T-Will, you never know who is going to bring it and who isn't. Not a great recipe for March, but still some time to get better.

These are the same guards that got them to the elite 8 last year. I am unlike most fans, I consider that a great year.

 

I agree, they are very average because they are not consistent. That's just who they are, and that's why UofL won't win it. I think they can make another deep run, but they are clearly not on Uconn's level right now...

These are the same guards that got them to the elite 8 last year. I am unlike most fans, I consider that a great year.

 

I agree, they are very average because they are not consistent. That's just who they are, and that's why UofL won't win it. I think they can make another deep run, but they are clearly not on Uconn's level right now...

It's not meant as a slam in any way, just an honest evaluation of what I see. They CAN be a great group, and win it all...

I get where you're going at here... But, IMO any season that doesn't end in a National Championship isn't a good season. You don't work hard for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place.

 

You don't have many "good" years do you.:lol:

 

IMO, a final four is a fantastic year. Elite 8 is great and the sweet 16 is good. The NCAA tourny is the hardest to win...

It's not meant as a slam in any way, just an honest evaluation of what I see. They CAN be a great group, and win it all...

 

I totally agree with you. They can be good at times but just awful too. I think they looked bad tonight because they got no help on the post. Which is uncommon. However, when you are depending on freshman post players that happens sometimes...

You don't have many "good" years do you.:lol:

 

IMO, a final four is a fantastic year. Elite 8 is great and the sweet 16 is good. The NCAA tourny is the hardest to win...

 

 

My life is great! Then again I don't play College Basketball. :D

I totally agree with you. They can be good at times but just awful too. I think they looked bad tonight because they got no help on the post. Which is uncommon. However, when you are depending on freshman post players that happens sometimes...

Here is why the guards were my key to the game.

 

At the guard spots UL has the experience and talent there to play with UConn, but as a group it's a lot more likely to miss as a whole. This is a group that has been through the Big East wars, and have to cover for some youth in the paint.

 

Samardo and TJ would look a lot better if those veterans were giving them night in and night out help.

 

Adrien bullied Clark. That's one I expected...

And some nights Knowles changes a game with his energy.

 

And some nights Smith is hot from 3.

 

And some nights McGee is a great leader.

 

They simply need the guards to step up and do those things more consistently. If they get there, watch out. If not March is going to be a frustrating task...

Their guards are small as well.

Doug Gottlieb brought this up about 3-4 weeks ago...UL's guards just are not good enough.

Like it or not, UL has average guards. Not saying they are bad, but at the end of the day they are very average as a group. That was exposed a lot worse than I expected tonight...

 

They got "pantsed" on national tv...

UConn can be scary good.

 

They ARE scary good.

Here is why the guards were my key to the game.

 

At the guard spots UL has the experience and talent there to play with UConn, but as a group it's a lot more likely to miss as a whole. This is a group that has been through the Big East wars, and have to cover for some youth in the paint.

 

Samardo and TJ would look a lot better if those veterans were giving them night in and night out help.

 

Adrien bullied Clark. That's one I expected...

 

The bottom line to me is Uconn is the better team. I don't think UofL takes 3 out of 10 against them. Like Pitino said, they are bigger and faster. They are a horrible match up for UofL, and most other teams. Thabeet keeps improving, to the point where he is knocking down those 10ft jumpers, and everyone is in BIG trouble.

 

Uconn also got lucky, but stuck with to their credit, when Robinson got in early foul trouble. The three guard lineup was very effective against the pressure.

 

The free throw disparity really bothers me. There is no way it should ever be 24 attempts to 2 attempts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.