Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 68 Louisville 51

Featured Replies

Pretty much every major recruiting person said he was a one and done player coming out of high school. Good enough?

 

No.

 

I've never heard Pitino or Samuels say that, that's all I know...

 

He will be back.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No.

 

I've never hear Pitino or Samuels say that, that's all I know...

 

He will be back.

 

He may be, but if I'm going to believe someone, I'll believe the guys that get paid to evaluate the players.

He may be, but if I'm going to believe someone, I'll believe the guys that get paid to evaluate the players.

 

That's fine. I prefer listening to the coach and player. They seem to know...

 

I think I would take their word over somebody who probably has never seen a player play in person, like most of these recruiting services.

You probably aren't biased at all either right?

 

I heard from many that he would be the best freshman in the nation this season. He has been far from it, that's why he is unimpressive to me.

You probably aren't biased at all either right?

 

I heard from many that he would be the best freshman in the nation this season. He has been far from it, that's why he is unimpressive to me.

 

Yes I am biased. Just like you are toward UK.

 

That being said, Samuels is doing well for a true freshman in the Big East. You never heard me say he would be the best freshman in the country.

Being a UL fan surely you knew the hype surrounding Samuels?

 

When was the last time you heard a player or coach say that the kid is leaving for the NBA during the season? Solid argument there.

I agree that it would be a mistake, but no one has ever confused college basketball players as intelligent...:lol:

 

 

Not the norm, I know, but to put a kink in your theory...:D

 

Check this out about Will Scott

 

When Will Scott left Cornell for the University of Louisville, most people thought it was great for basketball, bad for business.

Count his parents, both surgeons, among those people. He had to put a hard sell on them just to make the move. Count me as one. I believe my words, when writing the original news story, were, "He left where?"

Break it down: Ivy versus bluegrass. Cabinet posts vs. post-ups. GPA vs. RPI. Those comparisons, of course, are too simplistic and often sell us short down in these parts.

And Scott now is living proof of that. He learned this week that he's one of only 15 students accepted into the ultra-competitive Modern Chinese Studies graduate program at Oxford. (That's England, not Mississippi, sports fans.)

In his final season at U of L -- I'd call him a senior, but he's just about finished with his master's degree in business administration -- Scott still has more than a fighting chance of leaving behind a basketball moment that people here will never forget.

Being a UL fan surely you knew the hype surrounding Samuels?

 

When was the last time you heard a player or coach say that the kid is leaving for the NBA during the season? Solid argument there.

 

Last week on Pitino's coaches show, when he said Clark was gone.... again. Sure I heard the hype on Samuels, and I am pleased with him. He has performed well. Not great, but well. Better than a lot of hyped of freshman in the bluegrass state.

 

Now, cite your source for him leaving early...

 

You do realize he and Greg Monroe have identical numbers. How many freshman centers have better numbers? Do your homework...

Last week on Pitino's coaches show, when he said Clark was gone.... again. Sure I heard the hype on Samuels, and I am pleased with him. He has performed well. Not great, but well. Better than a lot of hyped of freshman in the bluegrass state.

 

Now, cite your source for him leaving early...

 

You do realize he and Greg Monroe have identical numbers. How many freshman centers have better numbers? Do your homework...

What homework? One and done guys are supposed to be on another level than all other freshman. You want to compare him to other freshman centers? He is supposed to be dominant and hasn't been in one game I've seen.

Here are some other highly touted big men from the 08 class:

 

BJ Mullens- 8pts, 4 boards

Greg Monroe- 13, 6

Samardo Samuels- 12, 6boards

Devin Ebanks-8pts, 6 boards

Chris Singleton-8pts, 5 boards

Yancy Gates-10pts, 6 boards

Aminu-13, 8 boards

 

Here is a look at the top ranked big men. Looks like Samuels is holding his own with the other top ranked big men in the 2008 class....According to the experts, Mullens was supposed to be the best of the bunch, for the record. Yeah, that's really working out well right now. Once again, I've never heard he was a sure fire one and doner...and I am a huge fan that very closely follows college basketball. If he is, he is making a huge mistake.

You probably aren't biased at all either right?

 

I heard from many that he would be the best freshman in the nation this season. He has been far from it, that's why he is unimpressive to me.

There is a pretty big difference between unimpressive and not living up to some of the hype. I think he has done an excellent job as a true freshman playing in the Big East. I also never personally thought that he was a one and done player.

Oh Deuce...where are you?? I am getting worried.

 

 

By the way...let's talk about the game not who's coming, going, sitting, standing, running, blah, blah, blah!

How so?

 

TWill-Gone

McGee-Gone

Clark-Most Likely Gone

Samuels-Gone

 

You really think a team that loses it's best 3 players is going to be better next year?

 

Why not? He didn't think there'd be as much as a hiccup when Petrino left and Kragthorpe took over the football program...

 

Seems about par for the course. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.