February 3, 200917 yr Author My two cents on this....Louisville flat out got intimidated....Thabeet and Adrian got in their heads and it was over from there. Louisville also didn't attack Thabeet smartly, trying to lob balls over his head towards the basket.....you have to get into his body to be effective.....when they play again, I look for Jennings to be really, really physical with him, and that will certainly pose a difference. Also, Louisville has to shoot the ball moderately well, simply so they can apply an effective pressure defense. U of L is likely disappointed and should be....but they can learn a ton from this game, and I expect another long run of wins starting now. How long? They have to go to South Bend. They still have to play Providence. They go to Georgetown & still have to play Marquette. That's 4 of their next/last 9 games.
February 3, 200917 yr I think they win all of those games with Georgetown being the toughest....I think they roll Marquette, mainly due to matchups.
February 3, 200917 yr How long? They have to go to South Bend. They still have to play Providence. They go to Georgetown & still have to play Marquette. That's 4 of their next/last 9 games. I think they have a few losses left on the schedule. They get Marq and Prov. at home. But they have to go to WVU, Gtown, Notre Dame and Cincy. None of those will be easy on the road.
February 3, 200917 yr Wow, Louisville just got embarrassed on their home floor, I had a feeling their pressure would not get to Connecticut's quick guards. Also Thabeet really controlled the paint, very impressive win for the Huskies.
February 3, 200917 yr Pitino had some interesting comments on the post game: *Uconn was better @ 4 positions. *Uconn is a bad match up for UofL because they can play our style, and they are bigger and better at it. *Talked about how they only way you can beat them is in a half court, grind it out type of game. *Said Jennings would probably get the start against St. Johns and that Knowles will be getting more of Smith's minutes. Next up, St. Johns at the Garden.... a place UofL doesn't play very well.
February 3, 200917 yr This is a good loss. Yes a good loss. They will work a little hard at getting better. I am sure all UofL fans knew they would lose if they didn't attack the basket. UofL didn't get to the free throw line enough. Outside of T-will no other player came ready to play. That is disapointing. The Cards still have a chance to win the Big bEast. What is most important now is to lock up the 2 seed in the B.E. tourney. Disapointed in Earl Clark, he has to step up and play better against the elite teams. As for the folks that think losing to UConn is shameful, try losing to Ole Miss and USC in the same week.......:puke:
February 3, 200917 yr I will be looking at how the Cards respond on Sunday. It will tell us if this team is mentally ready to make a big run.
February 3, 200917 yr I will be looking at how the Cards respond on Sunday. It will tell us if this team is mentally ready to make a big run. Well, they lost to Memphis by 17 back in 2005. 2005 ended up being a good season.:fight:
February 3, 200917 yr Like it or not, UL has average guards. Not saying they are bad, but at the end of the day they are very average as a group. That was exposed a lot worse than I expected tonight...
February 3, 200917 yr This is a good loss. Yes a good loss. They will work a little hard at getting better. I am sure all UofL fans knew they would lose if they didn't attack the basket. UofL didn't get to the free throw line enough. Outside of T-will no other player came ready to play. That is disapointing. The Cards still have a chance to win the Big bEast. What is most important now is to lock up the 2 seed in the B.E. tourney. Disapointed in Earl Clark, he has to step up and play better against the elite teams. As for the folks that think losing to UConn is shameful, try losing to Ole Miss and USC in the same week.......:puke: Surprising it took this long for one of you to bring UK into it. For a national title contender, which they could/should be, a 17 point home loss to anyone is at least a little bit embarassing. I fully expect them to bounce back.
February 3, 200917 yr Well, they lost to Memphis by 17 back in 2005. 2005 ended up being a good season.:fight: I get where you're going at here... But, IMO any season that doesn't end in a National Championship isn't a good season. You don't work hard for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place.
February 3, 200917 yr Surprising it took this long for one of you to bring UK into it. For a national title contender, which they could/should be, a 17 point home loss to anyone is at least a little bit embarassing. I fully expect them to bounce back. Did you expect any less? :laugh:
February 3, 200917 yr Like it or not, UL has average guards. Not saying they are bad, but at the end of the day they are very average as a group. That was exposed a lot worse than I expected tonight... Agreed. Some nights, Sosa can be an excellent player, but he is way, way, way too streaky. I hope Knowles develops into a good player in the next few years. Think he can?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.