Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ole Miss/Kentucky Updates

Featured Replies

Kentucky gets outrebounded 21-12, Meeks only has 6 points on 0-6 shooting, and yet UK leads. You'd have to think they improve in the second half.

  • Replies 194
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen it allowed a TON this year...

 

I have too, just here lately.

Here's the exact quotes:

 

 

Jeannine Edwards: "Coach, so far Ole Miss has been doing a pretty good job keeping Jodie Meeks covered up, he's only got 6 points. What adjustments do you need to make for him 2nd half?"

 

Billy G: "This is Kentucky, it's not Jodie Meeks. He's a very good player, that's...What difference does it make? Our team's ahead by 2. Ole Miss is playing very good. This is not a 1 man team...and that's really a bad question."

 

And then he smiled.

UK lucky to be up after the first half. They need to start running double screens for Meeks if they want to get him involved. Darius's first couple threes looked really ugly but 1 of them went in. He needs to keep shooting because he's getting so open as 3 defenders are always on Meeks. I'd also like to see maybe Porter start shooting because he can knock down the three as well if he gets some open looks. The whole team should start seeing good looks as every time Patterson or Meeks touches the ball more than half the team is swarming to them. Liggins just needs to not shoot at all.

I see nothing wrong with that question. Like it or not, most games this year the Cats go as Meeks goes. I mean, he is the third leading scorer in the country...

It's a legit question, but I can see where he probably didn't want to hear it. He probably does get slightly irked that the team is assumed to be synonymous with Jodie Meeks, even if it's true most nights.

 

Perhaps he was already thinking about that himself, and was annoyed at how effective Ole Miss's D was.

Total jerk move...

 

Agreed. A very fair question when the opponent holds the 3rd leading scorer in the nation to 0 FG's.

Total jerk move...

 

Caught me a little off guard, but he didn't end the interview and he answered the next question fine.

 

Billy G isn't the best interviewer, but I don't blame him for being upset.

I see nothing wrong with that question. Like it or not, most games this year the Cats go as Meeks goes. I mean, he is the third leading scorer in the country...

 

True, good question, but I loved his response. Classic.

To me it is expected when you ask coaches questions and get there thoughts at halftime of a game. His response was good about this being a team, but the part about it being a bad question was a little uncalled for imo.

Porter has to fight through those screens and stay on Huertas or he will be on the pine the rest of the night.

They just have got to do a better job on the boards. They are just getting destroyed.

It's like they read a book "How to screw up a fast break"

It's like they read a book "How to screw up a fast break"

 

Blame that on Liggins. I knew what he was going to do the whole time. Awful.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.