Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona/Houston Incident

Featured Replies

They did "T" Laettner, just didn't throw him out.

 

So do you think they should of thrown him out. I have seen much less done with an ejection. And does Laettner getting ejected change the outcome of the game.:D

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An interesting side note to that game was that Houston was 5.5 point underdog and had a 10 point lead with 48 seconds to go and lost by 6 in overtime.:eek:

 

JUSTICE:thumb:

Christian Laettner vs. KY, anyone remember that one?

 

Was thinking the same thing.

So do you think they should of thrown him out. I have seen much less done with an ejection. And does Laettner getting ejected change the outcome of the game.:D

 

I'll take a shot at it.

 

I never thought it warranted an ejection.

 

If ejected would it have changed the outcome of the game? All the guy did was go perfect from the field and FT line and won the game on a jumper at the buzzer. You tell me. :lol:

Suspended for ONE game? Weak.........

 

I agree. Weak. :irked:

That was a love tap compared to the this one. Without the yucking it up on the sidelines.

 

And it was on the chest as opposed to the face...

There's no way you can determine from that video that he did that on purpose. The way the thread had gone, I was expecting a Hogan leg drop...

 

What I got was a guy that looked like he may or may not have been trying to step over Budinger and stepped on his face.

 

So, another difference between this incident and Laettner's, IMO, is that there was no doubt that Laettner's stomp was intentional...although a high five would have hurt worse.

 

As for the team celebrating afterward, I didn't see that so I can't comment on it.

 

A one game suspension seems like a maximum punishment from what I saw.

There's no way you can determine from that video that he did that on purpose. The way the thread had gone, I was expecting a Hogan leg drop...

 

What I got was a guy that looked like he may or may not have been trying to step over Budinger and stepped on his face.

 

So, another difference between this incident and Laettner's, IMO, is that there was no doubt that Laettner's stomp was intentional...although a high five would have hurt worse.

 

As for the team celebrating afterward, I didn't see that so I can't comment on it.

 

A one game suspension seems like a maximum punishment from what I saw.

How can you defend the guy? It was absolutely intentional. He took a quick glance, shortened his stride, and the rest is history. On top of that, he was caught laughing on the bench about it.

I went back and watched again and it was 100% intentional. That is a pathetic display.

And the dude apologized for it.

How can you defend the guy? It was absolutely intentional. He took a quick glance, shortened his stride, and the rest is history. On top of that, he was caught laughing on the bench about it.

 

Didn't see the laughing on the bench...but, from the game footage, no way anyone can say with certainty he did that on purpose.

 

I'm not defending him...I'm merely saying that you can't say anything beyond doubt based on what I saw. And, you can't throw the book at a guy without airtight proof that he did it intentionally.

Didn't see the laughing on the bench...but, from the game footage, no way anyone can say with certainty he did that on purpose.

 

I'm not defending him...I'm merely saying that you can't say anything beyond doubt based on what I saw. And, you can't throw the book at a guy without airtight proof that he did it intentionally.

 

He looked him right in the eye before he did it.

That guy is a punk. Very classless move. His intensions were obvious.

I went back and watched again and it was 100% intentional. That is a pathetic display.

 

He wasn't even looking down when he stepped on him. Anyone on BGP ever stumbled or took a misstep before? Just curious.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.