Meeks

gametime

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LABS, do you have any info. on the Liggins thing? I find it highly unlikely he sat him if disciplinary reasons weren't involved.

From the sound of BCG's post game talk, it sounded disciplinary. He complimented Liggins effort last game and said that he is a very good player, but that it was a coach's decision not to play him tonight.

He must have done something not good...

I was there for Prince's 41 against Tulas back in '02. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever see a dominating performance like that again from a UK player. This was absurd, Jodie pulled up from anywhere he pleased and it didn't matter. Simply awesome...I'm still feeling great from the numerous shots at the bar as the game progressed, but this is what being a fan is all about. Performances like this.

C-A-T-S....CATS, CATS, CATS!

Still a bit speechless. It might be 5 years before we see something like that again...

If something positive involving UK left GT speechless, give Meeks an ESPY...:lol:

Unreal performance. He put UK on his back tonight and just flat out refused to let them lose. Great game for Jodie :thumb:

It was amazing to watch. He scored from all angels and it didn't seem to me like he "forced" too many shots. Maybe one or two bad shots, but really he played within himself.

It reminded me of the night Jordan looked over at the commentators and held his hands up like "I don't know either."

I agree with whoever said it's impressive how good of shape he is in too.

That is one reason I was never ready to throw Gillespie under the bus so soon. To me college sports isn't too hard to figure out. You get great players and you become a great coach. He is the best recruit the Cats have had since Mashburn at the college level.

That can't be true can it, ... didn't Tubby sign him? ;)

And what does what you said have anything to do with Jodie being the best recruit since Mashburn, which is what I was responding too. I you believe that Jodie is the best since Mashburn then you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are wrong and in the minority...

In terms of recruit, probably not, but he's the best player since at least Walker, in my opinion. He creates his own shot, and hits it, which in my opinion puts him past Delk. He plays great D, which shoots him past Bogans. He is a better leader than Prince, and can get to the rim better. Walker could do it all, but turned it on and off. Meeks can't play in the post like Walker, but he hustles all of the the time. In my mind, since Pitino reestablished UK there have been 2 truly great players at UK: Walker and Mashburn. If Meeks continues on this year and UK can make it to the Elite 8, you have to add him.