Meeks

gametime

Amazing game from Meeks, and what's the most impressive thing? He got 54 on 22 shots. Hmm, seems like in another thread I was talking about something very similar to this, with Meeks and Curry.

Curry's high point game this year, 44 points. In that game he was 15-33, 4-14 from 3 point, 10-13 from the line.

Meeks high point game, 54. He was 15-22, 10-15 from 3 point, 14-14 from the free throw line.

Meeks was amazing, and it was so impressive seeing those 54 points come off of 22 shots. That is what got me. Not saying Meeks is a better player than Curry, but how can you argue that?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plus IMO Meeks has a lot better body type and explosiveness for the NBA than Curry. Meeks reminds me a player that put UK out of the Elite 8 about 6 years ago. Nobody knew too much about that guy either until the tournament.

We don't talk about that guy in UK threads. :madman:

Meeks is a great shooter, but the Wade comparison is a stretch. He is a below average ball handler (assist/to ratio) and an average defender. He more than makes up for it in scoring though.

The amazing thing to me, is that he was 8pt scorer his first two seasons.

Meeks is a great shooter, but the Wade comparison is a stretch. He is a below average ball handler (assist/to ratio) and an average defender. He more than makes up for it in scoring though.

You may say he's not an excellent ball handler, but below average? Get real, he's not just a shooter like others have been in the past. He's an offensive threat from any where on the floor.

It was not a big shock to me he is averaging a lot of points... maybe not to the extent he is.

As a Freshman, by the end of the season, he was seeing the court a lot and starting to be a good contributor. Last season you can throw out because of his injuries. You saw flashes of what he could do last season @ Houston but Jodie was never able to play.

You may say he's not an excellent ball handler, but below average? Get real, he's not just a shooter like others have been in the past. He's an offensive threat from any where on the floor.

I would say he is average. Liggins is an example of below average

Meeks is an excellent defender, an average ball handler, and excellent shooter.

His first season he was a frosh coming off the bench most of the year, learning, and his role was not as a scored. His sophomore season, he was injured most of the year. This year he is da man.

I know it doesn't really mean anything, but on Ricky P's call in show tonight, they asked him who he thought was player of the year right now, and he said he thinks it's a toss up between Griffin and Meeks, but that if he had a vote he would vote for Meeks....Just thought I'd pass it along.

Meeks is an excellent defender, an average ball handler, and excellent shooter.

His first season he was a frosh coming off the bench most of the year, learning, and his role was not as a scored. His sophomore season, he was injured most of the year. This year he is da man.

Not a bad passer either.