St. Henry 64 Dixie 42

Not trying to stir the pot at all but does everyone know where Hatton grew up and who he played AAU ball for? :sssh:;)

IMO, from the few times I've seen him, he reminds me a lot of Mike Hester at that age.

No clue but taking a guess coming from you, Covington area and the Tarheels? I watched the game last night, first time seeing him play, a lot of poise for being in 7th grade but I also heard he was 13 or 14 and I was 13 starting my freshman year of basketball so I guess its not too suprising.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue but taking a guess coming from you, Covington area and the Tarheels? I watched the game last night, first time seeing him play, a lot of poise for being in 7th grade but I also heard he was 13 or 14 and I was 13 starting my freshman year of basketball so I guess its not too suprising.

We have a winner.

Don't be surprised if Hatton doesn't stay at Dixie heading in to his freshman year.

We have a winner.

Don't be surprised if Hatton doesn't stay at Dixie heading in to his freshman year.

I would imagine Chevalier is a pretty smart guy and if he thought Hatton was even considering going elsewhere he would not be giving him these minutes. Dixie wins 12 games with Hatton or without Hatton. Probably had a pretty long conversation with mom and dad about future plans before deciding to bring him up.

I would imagine Chevalier is a pretty smart guy and if he thought Hatton was even considering going elsewhere he would not be giving him these minutes. Dixie wins 12 games with Hatton or without Hatton. Probably had a pretty long conversation with mom and dad about future plans before deciding to bring him up.

I'm sure he did. But sometimes winning and competing for state titles is more important to kids and parents. Again, not trying to stir the pot at all, but if you know your kid isn't going to play varsity AT ALL as a 7th or 8th grader at his original planned high school, wouldn't you send him elsewhere to get that experience for when he enters his frosh year? Just something to think about.

Nothing against the Hatton boy, but IMO it doesn't seem that a 5A school should even have to entertain the thought of middle school participants. Unless he outsizes and outplayes the seniors on the team. Is participation at Dixie that sparce? Why? It seems like a great school!

Nothing against the Hatton boy, but IMO it doesn't seem that a 5A school should even have to entertain the thought of middle school participants. Unless he outsizes and outplayes the seniors on the team. Is participation at Dixie that sparce? Why? It seems like a great school!

Hatton honestly is just that good. He is ranked the #2 player in the state for his class. He is playing varsity ball for a reason.

But I'm sure Dixie not having much talent does tie in to why he is playing so much so early in the season.

Hatton honestly is just that good. He is ranked the #2 player in the state for his class. He is playing varsity ball for a reason.

But I'm sure Dixie not having much talent does tie in to why he is playing so much so early in the season.

I'm confused by the ranking....he is ranked #2 in his class which is 7th grade? He is a hold back?

I'm sure he did. But sometimes winning and competing for state titles is more important to kids and parents. Again, not trying to stir the pot at all, but if you know your kid isn't going to play varsity AT ALL as a 7th or 8th grader at his original planned high school, wouldn't you send him elsewhere to get that experience for when he enters his frosh year? Just something to think about.

I wasn't a big proponent of KHSAA legislation that would have required middle schoolers to basically declare what high school they were planning to attend and then penalizing them if they did end up at another high school but this kind of thinking is what gives those types of measures credence.

I'm confused by the ranking....he is ranked #2 in his class which is 7th grade? He is a hold back?

Yes, he's ranked #2 for his class, which is 7th grade.

As far as being a hold back, I think it's already been questioned earlier in the thread and answered.

I wasn't a big proponent of KHSAA legislation that would have required middle schoolers to basically declare what high school they were planning to attend and then penalizing them if they did end up at another high school but this kind of thinking is what gives those types of measures credence.

I completely agree. Hatton is a Covington boy and grew up in that elementary feeder system, if I'm not mistaken. His family just recently moved to the Turkeyfoot/Dixie schooling district, which is why I said don't be surprised if he doesn't stay there for his freshamn through senior year.

Also, not sure how much it would affect a decision to switch schools, but Hatton and Mcclendon of Holmes are VERY GOOD friends and grew up playing AAU together with the Tarheels. From what I understand, both are top 10 players for their class (8th and 7th grade) and would make Holmes a legit title contender not only in the 9th, but statewide if they end up playing together in high school. Just something to watch over the next few years. But then again, I could be way off base.

Yes, he's ranked #2 for his class, which is 7th grade.

As far as being a hold back, I think it's already been questioned earlier in the thread and answered.

OK....I looked back through the thread and it was said he is a hold back. So he is better than average 8th grade player!! I think the question I originally asked was why should a 5A school look to middle school participation unless the middle school student is a phenom. I'm not seeing the phenominal aspect of his game. He doesn't hurt, but hasn't brought them to the brink of greatness either. I was questioning why Dixie has so little participation from it's direct student body.

OK....I looked back through the thread and it was said he is a hold back. So he is better than average 8th grade player!! I think the question I originally asked was why should a 5A school look to middle school participation unless the middle school student is a phenom. I'm not seeing the phenominal aspect of his game. He doesn't hurt, but hasn't brought them to the brink of greatness either. I was questioning why Dixie has so little participation from it's direct student body.

Dixie is much better with Hatton than without him. That's why he's playing. Chevalier also realizes he and Pike are the future of his team and he needs to have them playing early as possible, especially Hatton, if he wants to keep them in the "system", if you will.

Dixie is much better with Hatton than without him. That's why he's playing. Chevalier also realizes he and Pike are the future of his team and he needs to have them playing early as possible, especially Hatton, if he wants to keep them in the "system", if you will.

So does Trammel hold any value since he is apparently the same age?