Paul Dunbar cancelling games?

Why is Paul Dunbar cancelling games against their top competition? I noticed on here that Dunbar cancelled with Shelby Valley and now Scott County this past Tuesday. I look on the scoreboard and see no make up dates posted. Is Paul Dunbar avoiding their best competition? Is their coach on the hot seat or something and need wins? Just wandering, but they are 4-0 with cancellations against 2 top ranked teams.

Mother Nature is the reason the games were canceled. The Shelby Valley game is when Eastern Ky was hammered with 5-6 inches of snow. The Scott Co game this past Tuesday is when here in central Ky we had a bad ice /snow storm and everyone in this area canceled their games.

I am sure before the season is over...more games will have to be canceled.

Mother Nature is the reason the games were canceled. The Shelby Valley game is when Eastern Ky was hammered with 5-6 inches of snow.

That's not correct. Eastern Kentucky was fine. It was reported that Fayette County prohibited any bus travel on the day of the game... There were various other mountain games played on that day.

That's not correct. Eastern Kentucky was fine. It was reported that Fayette County prohibited any bus travel on the day of the game... There were various other mountain games played on that day.

You are right. The weather problem was in Lexington that day, and it was a good decision IMO.

I know Henry Clay got thumped by Shelby Valley last Friday when the weather was bad there in EKY. I don't think Pike Co had school that day, but they played anyway. Of course for Henry Clay, maybe they should have stayed home !

This Tuesday a lot of games were cancelled in CKY/EKY for weather.

I know Henry Clay got thumped by Shelby Valley last Friday when the weather was bad there in EKY. I don't think Pike Co had school that day, but they played anyway. Of course for Henry Clay, maybe they should have stayed home !

This Tuesday a lot of games were cancelled in CKY/EKY for weather.

Fayette County has a rule -- no school, no games. I know they were closed Tuesday, so that's why Scott County and Dunbar didn't play. Not sure on the Shelby Valley game.

Me either but I think that is very interesting!

It was a Saturday, but Lexington had close to 100 accidents on the road. It was a surprise ice storm, immediate to Lexington. Other games requiring travel through or to Lexington were cancelled including the Shriner's tourney in Wolfe County. I do not believe PLD would have scheduled Shelby Valley if they didn't want to play them. You don't have any chance in the 11th if you don't take the opportunity to play tough teams out of the region to prepare.