Ashland Tomcats / Dixie Heights Colonels Predictions

Painter

Who wins?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I think that there will be two reasons Ashland wins. 1. They are playing much better defense. 2. They are playing at Putnum Stadium. I agree with HCT and Ashland wins by 2 TD's.

Much better defense since when? Johnson Central put 41 on the scoreboard against them in Ashland's last game. I certainly hope Ashland wins, but I believe Dixie Heights will be the favorite in this game.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better defense since when? Johnson Central put 41 on the scoreboard against them in Ashland's last game. I certainly hope Ashland wins, but I believe Dixie Heights will be the favorite in this game.

I agree the Ashland defense has not played as well since DeMartino went down.

I hope you can come to the game.:thumb:

I do beleave everyone from Dixie will like our old stadium ,the paint crew (all volunteer Tomcat fans) will have her at her best and spit shined .

So many Tomcats have gave it all on that field no matter what the circumstances,I hope the Tomcats will give Dixie little bit of a game.:thumb:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the game as I'll be watching the Ft. Thomas squad host Bryan Station but good luck to both teams.

I don't think they have any common opponents but I believe Ashland did scrimmage Campbell co.

Ashland lost to Campbell Co 3 scores to 1 in the scrimmage and Dixie beat Campbell 56-7 last week FWIW.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=157605&highlight=Campbell+Ashland

Really that does not mean nothing, Ashland is a better team than what they was at the first of the season. I kinda see the point you are making:thumb:

I think this will be a good game, but the long travel to Ashland could loom large. DH has really played well down the stretch after a poor start vs some good teams. I think they are going in the right direction after blasting Campbell, I think the Colonels pull this one off.

DH 35

Ashland 28

Really that does not mean nothing, Ashland is a better team than what they was at the first of the season. I kinda see the point you are making:thumb:

I wasn't trying to make a point with my previous post. I was just responding to a question asking whether they had common opponents or not.

I wouldn't use a scrimmage to make an educated guess on who wins a late season game which is why is said Dixie beat Campbell Co 56-7 FWIW. :thumb:

I agree the Ashland defense has not played as well since DeMartino went down.

During the time that DeMartino has been out Ashland has played the #4 and the #9 rated teams in Class 5A in Johnson Central and Bryan Station. The

schedule got a little tougher during that time, but Dom has been missed. The operation on his knee is this week.

First of all, JC will put 41 on a lot of good teams. But what I meant was since they played their only common opponent, Campbell County. I know they beat Ashland 3-1 in a scrimmage, but Ashland is playing much better defense since then. Then you factor the home field 10 point advantage that Ashland usually has, and I vote for Ashland.

First of all, JC will put 41 on a lot of good teams. But what I meant was since they played their only common opponent, Campbell County. I know they beat Ashland 3-1 in a scrimmage, but Ashland is playing much better defense since then. Then you factor the home field 10 point advantage that Ashland usually has, and I vote for Ashland.

You have to love it when a Raceland fan defends the Tomcats from an Ashland fan. :D

You have to love it when a Raceland fan defends the Tomcats from an Ashland fan. :D

I'm only being honest Graybeard. I'm sure you don't want me to sugar coat if for you. I've yet to hear or read your thoughts on the game Graybeard. I know that you, and I were both very disappointed, and surprised at the outcome of the last game. What are your thoughts on this game? If you don't feel like posting them, then please pm me.