Ashland Tomcats / Dixie Heights Colonels Predictions

Painter

Who wins?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I would mapquest, because these clowns will get you lost.:thumb:

Hey, I gave him the easiest route possible, and it was very accurate. Just because you get lost on the way to the bathroom, doesn't mean that I can't give directions.:p

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take the AA Highway to US23 in Lloyd, KY (Greenup). Go South (right) on 23 about 25-30 minutes into Ashland. Take 13th Street aka Martin Luther King Jr Drive to 29th Street and turn left.

I resemble this remark!:lol:

You are the problem, 13th street does not intersect with 29th street.

Edited by Ram

I need a Mod, I was just called a retard!:laugh:

I edited for that, my bad. I had Blackburn and I changed it. I just drive there, give me a break!!

I guess I need to start going around mumbling, "Frank and beans!"

(Something About Mary)

Maybe you should take the bus. I think that if you were to use Blackburn in the directions then your right probably wouldn't be on 29th, wouldn't it be Skyline?

Just checked and the address for Poage Elm is S 29th so that would have been correct. And to think I am the bus driver.

South 29th street starts at the intersection of 29th and Blackburn, Skyline starts at the intersection of South 29 and Nolte Drive.

Thanks for the info. I am curious if it is just a coincidence that your directions take them by Ram Stadium?

Takes them past Greenup County's stadium, Ram Stadium, and Ram's house. Plus, very close to Russell's stadium, and Fairview's Stadium. They will be in the mecca of North-Eastern Kentucky football.

Dang….I take a couple of days off and miss all the fun!

I like the Tomcats chances in this game. This has been a fairly consistent group of seniors who will be playing their last game in Putnam Stadium and I don’t believe these guys are ready to hang it up just yet.

Any team from northern Kentucky comes with experience against stout competition and I think the overall record of Dixie probably doesn’t tell us much as to how good they probably are. Likewise, I don’t think the loss to a very strong Johnson Central declares Ashland a weak team.

One observation which is consistently made is Dixie’s ability to score points and lots of them. Prior to the Woodford Co game, I honestly didn’t think the Tomcats had the ability to score 54 points in a single game. Although these two teams have accounted for 643 points this season, I believe the winner of this game will be who plays the best defense, not which team will have the ball last.

If Ashland can jump out early, I really like their ability to hang on to a lead. Playing at Putnam too…the Tomcats should live to fight in the second round.

Ashland Tomcats

Playoff Appearance: 32nd

All-time Record: 29-29

Dixie Heights Colonels

Playoff Appearance: 16th

All-time Record: 9-15

Previous Playoff Meetings

1975 - Ashland 36 Dixie Heights 6

1981 - Dixie Heights 20 Ashland 18

1984 - Dixie Heights 10 Ashland 9

1991 - Ashland 34 Dixie Heights 0

1998 - Dixie Heights 48 Ashland 13

I think I worked with the Dixie QB from that 1975 team. Funny how he never mentioned this game.:D

FWIW...I just noticed how young the Dixie team is. According to the KHSAA site, the Colonels have only 7 seniors, 21 juniors, and 30 sophomores.

That will be one heck of a senior class in a couple of years!

Only 3 seniors play significant roles, and 1 of them is out. They also have a very solid freshman class this year that was one of the top teams up here. The future is definitely bright if the players show the commitment and the coaching staff can develop them.

Ashland has had much success at home in the playoffs. I am sure Painter and/or Graybeard have those stats. I just hope that the current Tomcats dig deep and play with the pride that the football alumni have set before them. There have been so many good players that have played before and on that same field, I hope somehow these current young men want to add to that history. I hope they want it bad enough to etch their names along with the Tomcats of old. Take that field with pride and play every down as if it were your last and leave nothing to doubt. When this game is over, let every player know he left it on the field, win or lose.

TCB