November 7, 200817 yr Obama's election is the most historic since Washington became the first president without a doubt.
November 7, 200817 yr Obama's election was more historic than Reagan's. There was nothing special about beating a clown like Jimmy Carter in an election - the eight years that followed were very historic. Obama's presidency may turn out to be more historic, but I do not expect it to be in a good way. Nixon's presidency was historic.
November 7, 200817 yr Yeah, I'm not quite certain what was historic about Reagan's win. Presidency? Yes. Election? He beat Jimmy Carter. You mean an old white guy beating the odds and taking the office from another old white guy isn't historic?
November 7, 200817 yr Obama's election was more historic than Reagan's. There was nothing special about beating a clown like Jimmy Carter in an election - the eight years that followed were very historic. Obama's presidency may turn out to be more historic, but I do not expect it to be in a good way. Nixon's presidency was historic. 'Obama elect' is more historical... Just think about how long people of color have and still struggle to catch up... I never believed in anything is possible (especially in KY) but I can see things better now...
November 7, 200817 yr Infinitely more historic. 42 years after the last poll tax laws were stricken from the books, a man of color is elected President. One of the top two or three political events in my ifetime. :thumb: I don't think there is anything that could surpass a black man being elected president. A woman would be second, if/when it happens.
November 7, 200817 yr You mean an old white guy beating the odds and taking the office from another old white guy isn't historic? :lol:Pretty good ws.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.