Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands / St. X (JV) predictions

Featured Replies

What did Highlands do against Lex Cath?

 

The Birds won 19-7 in a tough game.Lex.Cath led 7-0 at the half .!

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I would like to win a game like this just as much as the next guy; but to do it with an "altered" line up is not a true win in my book. I would feel very cheated if I were the kids that have been busting and grinding it out all year on Frosh/JV only to have their chance to shine dashed by a junior who is more talented but hasn't played much with or have the chemistry with the rest of the team. It kind of reminds me of the movie "The Replacements" with Gene Hackman and Keanu Reeves. No one (and I am clearly speaking of the kid that will suffer's parents) wants to see their kid get benched just to put up a W on a JV squad from a powerhouse school when he was clearly good enough to start all of the other games this year. I know like everyone else does that Dale will be on that sideline just like he is during the Frosh games, but I just hope that they don't put a bunch of Varsity kids in just for a win. To play kids that are coming back from injury for a rehab assignment if you will, is a whole different story. Rotating someone in just to get reps is different than playing the whole game with a different person.

I would say for special occasions they might. Having one of the best programs in the state at your facility, may be one of those occasions. I hope Mr. Jones doesn't mind all the attention and assistance that he may receive from the Varsity coaches.

 

I sincerely doubt that it will occur.

I sincerely doubt that it will occur.

 

The cannon or help coaching?

  • Author
The cannon or help coaching?

 

Cannon.

Having seen both teams up close, I'd have to go with St. X by a couple of TD's (if the same rosters are used by each team as when they played LexCath). The Tigers' depth and speed should win out.

 

I would love to see these two squads go at it. There will definitely be some bruised muscles after this one.

Does Highlands play juniors?

 

Yes...You have to remember they are a AAA school numbers wise..

Does Highlands use the cannon at JV games?

Only Varsity!!! We have blown it off in the past for the Freshman if they make it to the Championship game.

Does Highlands play juniors?

 

At least one every game and I know of another a couple times. Not sure of the total other those 2.

Yes...You have to remember they are a AAA school numbers wise..

 

X and T do as well.

X and T do as well.

 

X plays 2-3 juniors on jv. None see alot of playing time on the varsity level.

You know, I would like to win a game like this just as much as the next guy; but to do it with an "altered" line up is not a true win in my book. I would feel very cheated if I were the kids that have been busting and grinding it out all year on Frosh/JV only to have their chance to shine dashed by a junior who is more talented but hasn't played much with or have the chemistry with the rest of the team. It kind of reminds me of the movie "The Replacements" with Gene Hackman and Keanu Reeves. No one (and I am clearly speaking of the kid that will suffer's parents) wants to see their kid get benched just to put up a W on a JV squad from a powerhouse school when he was clearly good enough to start all of the other games this year. I know like everyone else does that Dale will be on that sideline just like he is during the Frosh games, but I just hope that they don't put a bunch of Varsity kids in just for a win. To play kids that are coming back from injury for a rehab assignment if you will, is a whole different story. Rotating someone in just to get reps is different than playing the whole game with a different person.

 

That is exactly why I don't think you will see an altered line up. How would that look if they brought a bunch of non-regulars down to play Sat. and St. X still won. Not good for the program. Also, if you look at the Colerain JV game, wasn't that with the regular JV players and I wouldn't think St. X is any better than them.

 

Game really means nothing other than to give your JV players the chance to play against the best JV that's out there. That's why both agreed to play each other IMO. With that said, "GO BIRDS"

Where and when is this game being played?

  • Author

Don't know how this will effect who plays but some kids will be taking the ACT Sat. morning at Highlands.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.