Dodgers 3 Cubs 1

So with your logic you are hoping for all teams to lose?

Not necessarily, I have over the years developed a strong dislike for the Cards and Cubs. I don't particularly care about the AL much, and whomever represents the NL I will root for, even if it had been your Cubs. Same in the NFL for me at least. I root for the AFC rep. even if it were the Bengals. I'm simply stating that I don't like the Cubs and Cards. Simple as that. No more, no less.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never root for the Cardinals, Reds, Astros, Mets, or Braves to win a World Series. Never. They could be playing the Manson Family and I'd show up with a swastika etched in my forehead singing folk songs.

Such is the nature of the beast.

I would never root for the Cardinals, Reds, Astros, Mets, or Braves to win a World Series. Never. They could be playing the Manson Family and I'd show up with a swastika etched in my forehead singing folk songs.

Such is the nature of the beast.

No doubt. I just dislike the American league, the DH, and all that whole schpeel. I'd root like the dickens against the Cards and Cubs but if they won the NLCS, I'd root for them in the WS if they represented the NL however.

Take a poll of Cubs fans and see what percentage of them would root for the Cardinals to win the World Series if the Cubs were out. I'd say it would be less than 20%.

During one Cubs broadcast on WGN and there was a poll for who Cub fans would like to see win the wild card and it between 50-60% for the Cards. I hate the Cardinals but I do respect what they accomplish, especially this year with as little talent as they had. I don't like the Cards but I can respect them.

During one Cubs broadcast on WGN and there was a poll for who Cub fans would like to see win the wild card and it between 50-60% for the Cards. I hate the Cardinals but I do respect what they accomplish, especially this year with as little talent as they had. I don't like the Cards but I can respect them.

That's the thing. I respect the Cardinals too. Say what you want about La Russa, but the man knows how to manage baseball teams & his buddy Dave Duncan is one of the best in the business too. They win, sometimes with "less talent" (read: smaller payroll) than other teams. I can respect that. I can cheer for that.

But I'm not sure what to do when the Cubbies just every year with all that "talent". :lol:

This was a tough loss, I DVR'ed the first two games because I couldn't be there to watch it LIVE, when they lost both I didn't record the third one in hopes of a win, but it didn't work out. It was sickening to watch the Cubs play so poorly. As a die-hard fan since 1987 and a Mark Grace loyalists, we'll just have to get them next year. I feel like the Cubs have turned a page in their chapter of losing by not only winning back to back claims in the post season but backing up last years success with the best NL record.

Too bad the haters all come out of the woodshed when it is time to pile on.

Good article on on ESPN.com on the Cubs meltdown by Gene Wojciechowski.

Here's a sample:

The Cubs deserve every rip job they get. Winning 97 games during the regular season means zilch if you lose every time you reach the postseason. It means less than zilch (negative integer zilch?) if you waste the precious home-field advantage in a best-of-five NLDS. At least in last season's playoff sweep to the Arizona Diamondbacks, the Cubs started the series on the road.

Here's the link to the article: Worse than a choke

Disclaimer: Cubs fans might want to skip the article, its pretty scalding.

I wonder if he will be as scathing when the Angels lose to the Red Sox in four games after losing home field advantage. After all, they had the best record in the majors and they are losing to a Wild Card team.

First, I wouldn't count the Angels out just yet. They've got a heck of a team and the best road record in baseball. A Red Sox series victory is far from a sure thing.

Second, if the Red Sox do beat the Angels it is far from the same situation as the Cubs/Dodgers. The Red Sox are the defending World Series Champions with almost their entire team back (albeit pretty banged up right now) and won 95 games during the season--only 5 less than the Angels. The Dodgers only won 6 more games than they lost and played in the worst division in baseball. They finished with the 8th best record in the National League and the 15th best record in baseball and 13 less wins than the Cubs. They only made the playoffs because league rules say that someone must win the West. Two totally different situations.

Be honest, do you really think that if the Angels lose to the Red Sox that it is as bad as the Cubs getting swept by the Dodgers? Tell the truth.