Dodgers 3 Cubs 1

Way to misconstrue that statement. I said the Cub fans wouldn't be at GABP if Reds fans attended their own home games. He was complaining about the presence of Cub fans at Reds games, acting like they are back to back champs.

I don't know. I've been told that there are thousands of Cubs fans in every city across the United States, so could we (as Reds' fans) really keep all of the Cubs' fans out?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs bring thousands of arrogant fans into GAB acting like they are back to back champs... not.

Its not a shot at you Rocket but most Cubbie fans are similair to UK bball fans.

The main reason I HATE them!

:madman::mad::madman:

I don't know. I've been told that there are thousands of Cubs fans in every city across the United States, so could we (as Reds' fans) really keep all of the Cubs' fans out?

Well, Cubs fans certainly keep other teams fans out of Wrigley, and have for many years. I know it is a smaller stadium, but I seriously doubt that makes much difference.

Well, Cubs fans certainly keep other teams fans out of Wrigley, and have for many years. I know it is a smaller stadium, but I seriously doubt that makes much difference.

Great American BallPark's Capacity = 42,271

Wrigley Field's Capacity = 41,160 + The apartments in Wrigleyville.

Must also consider how much bigger Chicago is than Cincinnati, as a city...

I'm not really sure what we are debating at this point. My whole point is that Cubs fans should not be blamed for filling up GABP. Hating a team because of a loyal, vocal fan base is a little sour grapes to me.

No sour grapes at all. If the Cubs would ever win the big one, then I could potentially buy the sour grapes argument.

Instead, it's just too many Cubs' fans who spout about how their team has the best record in the major leagues, etc.

I don't fault them. They're supporting their team and getting cheap tickets in Cincinnati. It just gets old after 20+ years. 100+ years is flat out excessive. :p

No sour grapes at all. If the Cubs would ever win the big one, then I could potentially buy the sour grapes argument.

Instead, it's just too many Cubs' fans who spout about how their team has the best record in the major leagues, etc.

I don't fault them. They're supporting their team and getting cheap tickets in Cincinnati. It just gets old after 20+ years. 100+ years is flat out excessive. :p

Finally, something we agree on!:thumb::lol:

The Cubs have erased the lovable loser lable, they are a good team and should be for years to come, they just have to get over the hump. It is comical for the Reds and Cardinal fans to root against the Cubs cause they couldn't get it done themselves. I've never rooted against any team unless it would help my team. Cards and Reds were out of it, so root for a team within your division.

This Isn't High School football or basketball...

I don't know why we are all trying to be so PC here. I can't stand the Cubs, and was hoping they'd be swept. Frankly, the only team that I like less is the Cardinals. There's no sugar coating. For me, sadly, it's all Reds or nothing. And frankly, it's been most all Reds and nothing. I respect Rocket and company for their passion and their diehard faithfulness to their teams. I'd expect no less. But I would hope that your skin would essentially be thick enough to handle the ridicule.:thumb:

I don't know why we are all trying to be so PC here. I can't stand the Cubs, and was hoping they'd be swept. Frankly, the only team that I like less is the Cardinals. There's no sugar coating. For me, sadly, it's all Reds or nothing. And frankly, it's been most all Reds and nothing. I respect Rocket and company for their passion and their diehard faithfulness to their teams. I'd expect no less. But I would hope that your skin would essentially be thick enough to handle the ridicule.:thumb:

So with your logic you are hoping for all teams to lose?

Especially since they've had essentially 100 years worth of practice....