Dodgers 3 Cubs 1

Sure Joe. Whatever you say.

I'm confused, you said that the Dodgers were a much better team since the trade. The were better but obviously the worst of the 4. While the Red Sox were better than the Angels--and the Angels aren't even out yet. They've shown some heart and are tied with the Sox in the 8th of game 4. The Cubs collapse will be much worse no matter how the rest of the Sox/Angels series pans out. Your quote was based on personal feelings, not facts--correct?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against different opponents.

I asked what the record was. I didnt make an arguement based on them. I just said the Dodgers were a better team since the Manny trade. I dont think there is anyone on here who will argue that.

You are correct, since the Manny trade LA played 23 games against teams that finished with a winning record. The Cubs played 34 games against teams that finished with a winning record. :thumb::sssh:

This year was just different. I think a lot of people can't take it anymore

Come on Rocket. You're the only one I'm worried about. They've been taking it for years. I don't see next year being any different. It's not like they suck, and aren't competing for a divisional championship.

Come on Rocket. You're the only one I'm worried about. They've been taking it for years. I don't see next year being any different. It's not like they suck, and aren't competing for a divisional championship.

Just the vibe I'm getting. My aunt lives in Chicago and maybe it's just because it's so fresh, but this year feels different.

I suppose its just cause its all fresh...This year was just harder to swallow because this was probably the most talented well rounded Cubs team in my lifetime if not ever. No glaring holes, no weakness's...I'm sure come April I'll be ready to go again, for now, I had to put away all my Cubs gear and try not to think about baseball. If they start talking about the Cubs on ESPN or ESPN radio I just change the channel....TANY...

Unless they make some crazy moves in the offseason, attendence is likely to drop next year.

No way. There are Cubs fans all over the nation who are dying to go to a Cubbies game, especially at Wrigley Field.

Remember? That's why it didn't matter where they played the Astros. :D

What is everyone's record since the Manny trade? That's the Dodgers team in the playoffs, not the one that struggled in April and May.
The Dodgers are better now than they were at any time during the regular season.

Ramirez and Blake were good pickups and Furcal and Saito are healthy again. Torre finally realized that Pierre and Jones needed to be put out to pasture and that Kemp and Ethier had to be everyday players.

The Dodgers are better now than they were at any time during the regular season.

Ramirez and Blake were good pickups and Furcal and Saito are healthy again. Torre finally realized that Pierre and Jones needed to be put out to pasture and that Kemp and Ethier had to be everyday players.

Pierre was fine until his knee injury, but point taken...