Dodgers 3 Cubs 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs have erased the lovable loser lable, they are a good team and should be for years to come, they just have to get over the hump. It is comical for the Reds and Cardinal fans to root against the Cubs cause they couldn't get it done themselves. I've never rooted against any team unless it would help my team. Cards and Reds were out of it, so root for a team within your division.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Cardinal fans root for the Cubs? They're bitter rivals, expecting Cardinal fans to root for the Cubs is what's comical. I'm not rooting for a team to win just because they're from my division and my team is out of it. I wouldn't root for the Yankees if they were playing against the Charles Manson Family. Don't sit there and say that you would root for the Cards if they were still in it and the Cubs were out. If you say you would I have to question how much of a Cub fan that you really are.

The Braves won one less world series yet aren't put on the same pedestal. I don't think you can chastise Cubs fans for bringing up their division titles and no world series wins and do the same with the Big Red Machine. They should have won more titles than they did, given they had the greatest catcher, second baseman and all time hits leader

The '70s was one of the best eras in MLB history, in terms of the number of great teams. I can't think of too many of the teams from the '90s/'00s that could match up with what the Dodgers, Orioles, Pirates, A's, Yankees, Royals, Phillies and BoSox put out there on an everyday basis for most of the decade.

The Yanks and the Braves of the '90s come the closest, but I still don't think those teams could compete in the '70s at the high level they did in the '90s. Expansion diluted the talent way too much in the '90s.

And most outside experts refer to the Reds teams of '75-'76 as among the greatest of all time, right up there with some of the great Yankees teams of the '50s and '20s.

The Cubs have erased the lovable loser lable, they are a good team and should be for years to come, they just have to get over the hump. It is comical for the Reds and Cardinal fans to root against the Cubs cause they couldn't get it done themselves. I've never rooted against any team unless it would help my team. Cards and Reds were out of it, so root for a team within your division.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Cardinal fans root for the Cubs? They're bitter rivals, expecting Cardinal fans to root for the Cubs is what's comical. I'm not rooting for a team to win just because they're from my division and my team is out of it. I wouldn't root for the Yankees if they were playing against the Charles Manson Family. Don't sit there and say that you would root for the Cards if they were still in it and the Cubs were out. If you say you would I have to question how much of a Cub fan that you really are.

My best friend is a Cardinal fan, die hard, I'm talking has seats set up in his home from the Old Busch stadium and even he said that he'd like to see the Cubs get it over with. And I'd much rather see the Cardinals do something than say the Marlins or D-backs or Rockies.

The Cubs have erased the lovable loser lable, they are a good team and should be for years to come, they just have to get over the hump. It is comical for the Reds and Cardinal fans to root against the Cubs cause they couldn't get it done themselves. I've never rooted against any team unless it would help my team. Cards and Reds were out of it, so root for a team within your division.

This isn't college basketball or college football, where you want teams on your schedule to do well in order to make you look better in computer rankings.