Boyd Co./Breathitt Co. predictions

MBWC41

This is a big game for Breathitt County.

IMO, Johnson Central was a better team, so losing that game was not a big deal.

P'burg was an evenly matched game on the road, so again, losing was not a huge deal. It was a winnable game and would have been nice to have, but it shouldn't raise red flags about the season.

But, this game...at home, against a team that Breathitt should beat, but a team that isn't a "gimme" by any means...Breathitt needs to win this game. Losing at home to a team they should beat and starting 0-3 will hurt. They need to get a W.

I think they will...

I'll say 27-14

Boyd cant be a one man show.

After looking at last weeks stats...it sure appears they are. "A one man show" ripped last week's opponent to the bone...too bad the Lions came up short on the one stat that counts the most.

Its hard for me to think a team as strong and tradition rich as Breathitt Co could go 0 -3 following a 13 - 1 season. I admire Boyd for scheduling stronger teams early in the season...that's a change from years past and one which should pay dividends as the season progresses.

After looking at last weeks stats...it sure appears they are. "A one man show" ripped last week's opponent to the bone...too bad the Lions came up short on the one stat that counts the most.

Its hard for me to think a team as strong and tradition rich as Breathitt Co could go 0 -3 following a 13 - 1 season. I admire Boyd for scheduling stronger teams early in the season...that's a change from years past and one which should pay dividends as the season progresses.

I couldn't say it better myself.

Breathitt County seems to be riding pretty hard on the shoulders of Channing Fugate...they need someone else to step up as well, IMO.

Breathitt County seems to be riding pretty hard on the shoulders of Channing Fugate...they need someone else to step up as well, IMO.

This may be true, but Boyd is in the same situation with Zac Wilson. I still say Boyd can easily change their situation by catching the ball.

Anyone know what the weather has been like in Breathitt today ?

How good is Breathitt's running game ? Boyd's running game is decent (if you count Wilson scrambling for 30 or 40 yards on a busted pass play a good running game:lol:)

A sloppy field would give one of these teams an advantage.

A shower went threw a few minutes ago but wasnt much. For Breathitt to win this game they have to ba able to hit their receivers after Fugate breaks those big runs. It seems to me like Haddix and his receivers havent gotten quite acclamated to each other yet, but when they do they will be pretty good.

Breathitt-42

Boyd-21

A shower went threw a few minutes ago but wasnt much. For Breathitt to win this game they have to ba able to hit their receivers after Fugate breaks those big runs. It seems to me like Haddix and his receivers havent gotten quite acclamated to each other yet, but when they do they will be pretty good.

Breathitt-42

Boyd-21

:thumb:

If and when it happens, that will be the difference...if the passing game was sharper, BC could very well be 2-0. They missed some early opportunities vs. JC that could have allowed them to take an early lead. Had they done that, it could have been a much different game. I also think they missed out on some great scoring chances @ P'burg. The potential is there for the passing game, they just have to get it going.

I have heard nothing but positive words describing the Lions this year. With a tweak of the passing game, this team could be very entertaining to watch.

They are very fun to watch. You should come out to a home game if you get the chance. Wilson is top 3 if not the best athlete in the local area. He's very quick and has some killer moves in the open field. He's very fun to watch.

Boyd is just a player or two away from actually being a very strong team. They'll give everyone the play trouble with their athleticism.

I said I wasn't going to give a prediction on this one but I changed my mind.

Boyd seems like the type of team that, at this moment, has enough talent to give the big boys an occasional scare but just not quite enough to get over the hump and actually threaten any of them.

Breathitt has had very good teams in the past, they have a very strong program. That's what I'm basing my prediction on.

Breathitt 31

Boyd 21

I hope my lions can prove me wrong.

Good luck to both teams.