Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin/Clay Co. Scrimmage

Featured Replies

How did this game turn out last night? Who played well for the Hounds and how did Lewis look for Clay?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a middle school game last evening they announced an update score on this one. I'm not sure how it ended but at the time it seemed that Corbin was dominating. I would like details on this one especially Clay's offense.

The Hounds did very well. The final score was 42-20. The JV for both teams went in the last 9 minutes of the game. Scorers for the Hounds included Fritts, Campbell, Watkins, Fredrick, Taylor. We primarily utilized a running attack. A few short passes here and there. All our backs moved the ball well. Fritts and Campbell had good runs and Watkins ran one in from about 70 yards. Our Offensive Line did very well. Clays defense appeared confused and off. Their quarterback Zach Lewis threw the ball well and they had a couple of other very good players in #15 and #81. Hounds will just keep improving and Lance is getting more confident. I am ready for the season to begin. Next Saturday a trip to Pike County will give the Hounds another test --- how we handle a three hour bus ride. I am looking forward to it. GO HOUNDS!!!

To what do you credit holding Clay's offense to 20 pts.? Has Clay changed attacks or is Corbin's defense that good?

To what do you credit holding Clay's offense to 20 pts.? Has Clay changed attacks or is Corbin's defense that good?

 

Actually Clay threw the ball very little last night. I think that is actually the bread and butter. They are better in the passing game than the running game. Corbin's defense isn't bad though.

Good to hear that all is not "Doom and Gloom" for the Hounds as some speculated.

How did the line look? That was a lot of the off season mystery.

On a side note, it was a scrimmage and I really doubted Clay would do much in the form of airing it out and tipping their hand. Good win, none the less. Sounds like the Corbin D was tough on the run!

Just being nosey now, but how many of the 20 points scored by CC were against the Hounds' JV?

Just re-read the post (#3) on the O-line. Who was looking good up front?

Sounds like Clay was working on their running game.

I like hearin reports on the Hounds that sound like this. I can't wait to head to Pikeville.

Sounds like Clay was working on their running game.

 

I was there for the later part of the 1st period and for the whole 2nd period. I don't recall 1 running play by their "1st team" offense. They stayed in the shotgun. The QB is big and strong and has a great arm.

A few years ago Clay was an option team. I recall a preseason scrimmage with (I think) Williamsburg where Clay looked just awful. The next week in the season opener, Steppe unveiled his wide open passing attack and a freshman QB named Lewis.

 

I really don't put much stock in Grid-o-ramas. ;)

A few years ago Clay was an option team. I recall a preseason scrimmage with (I think) Williamsburg where Clay looked just awful. The next week in the season opener, Steppe unveiled his wide open passing attack and a freshman QB named Lewis.

 

I really don't put much stock in Grid-o-ramas. ;)

 

However, I really don't think Clay would've allowed the score to be this lopsided if they really didn't need to work on some things. In particular their defensive line.

However, I really don't think Clay would've allowed the score to be this lopsided if they really didn't need to work on some things. In particular their defensive line.

 

I don't disagree at all. I'm just cautioning people not to get too down on a team based on these scrimmages.

  • Author
I don't disagree at all. I'm just cautioning people not to get too down on a team based on these scrimmages.

 

Clay will be pretty good...............but they may have to score a lot of points to win some of the games on their schedule.

Clay will be pretty good...............but they may have to score a lot of points to win some of the games on their schedule.

 

True and pretty much par for the course for them for the past several years although what I'm hearing about Corbin's running game is that it can make an average defense look bad.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.