Congratulations Coach Wooten

Unfortunately it may take several years to fix the problems at BC. It should be a sign when you have had hardly any applicants for the open coaching positions in all 3 major sports.

There would have been others apply for the basketball position. It was made known that the principal had already decided to give the job to Davey before it was posted. As I've said before, I am not a fan of the Good Ol Boy hiring network. I believe in hiring the best person availiable. That being said, I wish Boyd Co nothing but the best this year and in the future.:thumb:

• 3 months later...

You know, I was the first person to congratulate Coach Wooten, now as this season has became what it has.... I would like to be the first to again congratulate Coach Wooten, but this time for making Boyd County basketball the laughing stock of the 16th region.

Coach Wooten, I hope you are proud of what our basketball program has become, you managed to run off the best senior players, Wilson, Messer, Steele, and Hall along with a few other good players, these boys have been on the team and played together with the exception of Hall, since 7th grade.

You had good players, but refused to play them, and now you wonder why all of the Senior players left. Some of those boys lived for basketball season, and now they have a bad taste in their mouths because of playing / sitting the bench for you.

Everyone of the boys who quit, were told by their parents NOT to quit, but to stay for the sake of the team and to finish out their senior year, but after being the laughing stock of the 16th region, each decided on their own to prepare for their future and move on with their lives.

Coach Wooten, I hope you are proud of the outcome of this season, and the role you played in the lives of these players. It's too late for this years team, but hopefully you will learn from this year, and not make the same mistakes twice.

You know, I was the first person to congratulate Coach Wooten, now as this season has became what it has.... I would like to be the first to again congratulate Coach Wooten, but this time for making Boyd County basketball the laughing stock of the 16th region.

Coach Wooten, I hope you are proud of what our basketball program has become, you managed to run off the best senior players, Wilson, Messer, Steele, and Hall along with a few other good players, these boys have been on the team and played together with the exception of Hall, since 7th grade.

You had good players, but refused to play them, and now you wonder why all of the Senior players left. Some of those boys lived for basketball season, and now they have a bad taste in their mouths because of playing / sitting the bench for you.

Everyone of the boys who quit, were told by their parents NOT to quit, but to stay for the sake of the team and to finish out their senior year, but after being the laughing stock of the 16th region, each decided on their own to prepare for their future and move on with their lives.

Coach Wooten, I hope you are proud of the outcome of this season, and the role you played in the lives of these players. It's too late for this years team, but hopefully you will learn from this year, and not make the same mistakes twice.

I never dreamed in my lifetime that I would see Boyd County at the bottom of the 16th Region. By the past Boyd County standards, the middle of the Region was bad, moreless the very bottom. Very sad.

Edited by FireMarshallBill

I believe all of the seniors who left were starters and getting playing time, Messer left after starting a game the day before he quit. Coach Wooten can't play the game for his players they have to play the game thereselves.

The Seniors you are in reference to one quit to have a good time with friends, one quit for his baby, one quit because he is a baby, and one quit for a motor cycle career. I have read many quotes from other threads on Boyd Co. basketball, there is no one walking the halls to help this team. A coach can only keep a good attitude and try to keep the kids interested and playing something they love to play no matter winning or losing. No matter who coach's this basketball, including Bryan Lemaster himself could win with the enrolled boys at BCHS. Coach Wooten put himself in this situation because he loves BCHS and he loves basketball and teaching kids what he loves. The kids obviously still respond to his passion, because since the QUITERS left this team has battled from the beginning to the end of the game. Some define success in wins and loses, I define them by what kind of a child Coach Wooten has made my child, and I guarentee that you can learn alot from losing............most of all CHARACTER. Through most of these treads that I have read, I can assume most are BCHS gradutes, try to show some CHARACTER from what we learned when we were winning and support our program in a time of need.

The Seniors you are in reference to one quit to have a good time with friends, one quit for his baby, one quit because he is a baby, and one quit for a motor cycle career. I have read many quotes from other threads on Boyd Co. basketball, there is no one walking the halls to help this team. A coach can only keep a good attitude and try to keep the kids interested and playing something they love to play no matter winning or losing. No matter who coach's this basketball, including Bryan Lemaster himself could win with the enrolled boys at BCHS. Coach Wooten put himself in this situation because he loves BCHS and he loves basketball and teaching kids what he loves. The kids obviously still respond to his passion, because since the QUITERS left this team has battled from the beginning to the end of the game. Some define success in wins and loses, I define them by what kind of a child Coach Wooten has made my child, and I guarentee that you can learn alot from losing............most of all CHARACTER. Through most of these treads that I have read, I can assume most are BCHS gradutes, try to show some CHARACTER from what we learned when we were winning and support our program in a time of need.

Well Said

CHARCTER is not trashing some of your own county kids and blasting past coaches that have nothing to do with the program anymore, IMO. Remember, not only do the kids that quit read these posts on here, but as well your child, and the other players, reads these posts. Is that teaching them CHARACTER? I for one would love to see Boyd County get back to their status they once were, and Wooten has the kids playing hard right now, but these type of comments are not neccesary under any circumstance.