Russia Invades Georgia

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our military is not as tied up as you think. Our ground troops for the most part are. However, our Navy and Air Force, while serving bravely, are not finding as much to do in Afghanistan and Iraq these days. We are moving a Naval Fleet into black Sea for humanitarian support. We have plenty of aircraft available from areas in Germany and Turkey. Our pilots and aircraft are decades ahead of what the Russians have available. We would not have to send in ground troops. As I had mentioned in the other thread, if the Russians start bombing the Georgians city of Tbilisi, we will be forced to destroy their artillery. I for one do not agree to stay out of it while thousands are slaughtered. Our country has done that before in Africa and it has made me sick. To think if we have the ability to save thousands of lives, maybe hundreds of thousands, we should do so. If not, then we waste everything that men and women have given their lives for. God has blessed this country in more ways than we can count. We should honor that by seeing that noone else should suffer from tyrannical rule. Isolationism will not work in this world. No matter what problems the world is having, they will eventually make it to our back yard. We should be proactive and eliminate threats while they are small. We need to let Russia know, that we want them as an ally and friend. However, we will not sit back and watch as they conquer and slaughter free democratic states.

If it does come down to blows between the USA and Russia, we will have a chance to cripple the hardliners in their country. I think it will stay an isolated conflict, which would be bad for the Georgian people in the short term, but guarantee their freedom in the future. We could eliminate their forces in Georgia with air strikes in a 24 hour period, doing so would deliver such a blow to the leaders of Russia, which are pushing for Communism again, that they would likely be forced out of power, allowing us to then rekindle a peaceful relationship with Russia. Or we can sit back and wait for them to gain more and more power, so that even more lives will be lost in the future. No matter what we are going to have to deal with them, I know some libs try to deny this, but deep down they know its true. Same goes for China. Eventually there will be conflict between Americans and the Chinese. The ideas of our nations differ so drastically, we are seen as a threat to their power, which is all they care about.